.204 Ruger AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.204 Ruger AR

Opinions? I think I want one... Seen any for sale?

Haven't seen any lately. Have shot one in Remington R15 and it shot really well. 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards

Comment

You know I'm always looking at guns in the big box stores and never see a .204 in sale. I always see .243, .270 and .30/06. Good luck finding one on sale.

Comment

Allen Cabelas had a couple in stock yesterday. They were CMMG .204's with 24 inch stainless barrels I think... May have been fluted but I can't remember. Price tag was over 2K

Comment

Dang. That's pricey. What was the pre-craze price?

Comment

If you get one., don't waist money on the 32 gr Vmax bullets. Twist rate is wrong for that light of bullet.

Comment

DPMS 24 in should sell for $1200-$1375. If you can find it. 2k is high for a CMMG. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                You know I'm always looking at guns in the big box stores and never see a .204 in sale. I always see .243, .270 and .30/06. Good luck finding one on sale.
                Yep same here, no one stocks .204s. I picked up the only one in Gander in Lubbock, I don't think they have stocked another one.

Comment

Yesterday marked 18 weeks of my 16-20 week estimate for my custom upper from White Oak Armament. That said, I dont mind the wait though. That gave me a chance to collect a bunch of factory loads and some reloading components...No word yet, but I will be happy to share once I finally take delivery of it. Ordered in 24" barrel for extra weight to increase seeing the hit! I have read lots of good comments. I think my upper is going to run me like $800 maybe $830 shipped.

Comment

I think I will build one after I finish my Grendel.

Comment

...If you are into reloading... You may also research the .20 Practical. Simple neck down of .223 brass to take the .20 bullet. It was one of my considerations, but chose against as I wanted to be able to just go buy off the shelf if I wasnt feeling up to loading ammo.

Here are a couple of links about it:

6mmBR.com is the best guide for 6mm BR Benchrest precision shooting, complete with 6BR FAQ, Reloading Data, Shooter Message Boards, Reader Polls, and Photo Gallery. Match event calendar and rifle competition accuracy training tips. Equipment reviews (.243 bullets, 30BR cartridge, 6mm Norma Improved, gun barrels, powders, primers, gunstocks, dies), accurizing, 1000yd ranges, ballistics, component sales, tools, gunsmiths. Articles archive for reloading, marksmanship, gunsmithing, and varminting.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyI View Post
                        ...If you are into reloading... You may also research the .20 Practical. Simple neck down of .223 brass to take the .20 bullet. It was one of my considerations, but chose against as I wanted to be able to just go buy off the shelf if I wasnt feeling up to loading ammo.

Here are a couple of links about it:

6mmBR.com is the best guide for 6mm BR Benchrest precision shooting, complete with 6BR FAQ, Reloading Data, Shooter Message Boards, Reader Polls, and Photo Gallery. Match event calendar and rifle competition accuracy training tips. Equipment reviews (.243 bullets, 30BR cartridge, 6mm Norma Improved, gun barrels, powders, primers, gunstocks, dies), accurizing, 1000yd ranges, ballistics, component sales, tools, gunsmiths. Articles archive for reloading, marksmanship, gunsmithing, and varminting.

http://6mmar.com/20_Practical.html

good suggestion .... I shoot a custom 20 Tactical which is similar

Comment

The good thing about it is, 204 ammo is everywhere. And you can buy all you want.

Comment

I just picked up a Shilen stainless 204 w/ 1 and 9 twist.... It is only 20" long though....
                            i haven't built up the AR yet. Still need a handguard and gas block.

The 9 twist should handle the heavier bullets better.

Comment

A buddy has a Les Baer .204. Sweet shooter.

Comment

Working...
                              X