Remington increasing ammo production capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington increasing ammo production capacity

Found this article and thought others would find it interesting also.

Almost unbelieveable amount of foreign ammo inported into the country:
    “For the first two months of 2013, about 457 million cartridges were imported into the U.S. — more than double the amount of cartridges that were imported during the first two months of 2012. Shotgun shell imports have more than doubled as well, from 10 million during the first two months of 2012 to 24 million during the same period in 2013,” writes Michael Bastasch for the Daily Caller.

And I still can't find .22 mag ammo on the shelves!

It's about time manufacturers started expanding prodcution. And I had no idea they were operating at capacity for a decade. I thought it wasn't until recently that they were operating at capacity. All I've heard til now is that they've been operating at capacity recently and most were too scared to invest the necessary capital for added production for fear demand would later decrease. But if it's true they've been operating at capacity for a decade, then what were they waiting for? I'm no corporate business expert, but if demand has been high for a decade, and I wanted to increase earnings, I think I would've invested long ago to increase production and reap the benefits of higher profits in the long term, well before the end of a decade. It had to take the most severe ammo shortage in recent history to finally take the business risk to invest in greater production capacity? Makes no sense to a layman like me who only understands the basics of supply and demand, so I'm sure there has to be a good reason for them not wanting to take the plunge til now, despite a whole decade of operating at capacity.

Comment

Oh, and forgot to mention - at least it's good news for us shooting enthusiasts!

Comment

I found 7mm-08 this weekend for the first time in months. Yeaaa!!

Comment

You're not wrong equin. There's more to the story than we're getting. Even if it's just that they sit in and know for a fact politicians are trying to tax ammo to the extreme (we talk and guess but really don't know).

Maybe the red tape to expand costs too much? All I know is any business would have expanded a long time ago.

Comment

It makes no sense to me unless the ammo manufacturers just can't come up with the raw materials. So many people start spouting about the tin foil hat wearers, and then low and behold the current administration is showing themselves to be tin foil hat worthy. I think something smells fishy in regards to this ammo shortage.

Comment

Is it us companies importing ammo? I wouldn't be surprised they own those companies importing ammo.

Comment

Great news from Remington, been looking for a couple of those elusive 225rd Golden Bullet packs to feed my Sig Mosquito and 22 conversion kit for the 1911. Its also what shoots accurately out of my kids Savage rifle.

Comment

I Don't get it??? Why is it just Remington (New York's Favorite Weapons maker) is the first one to come out and say this... After they got a fat deal with New York and the DHS just ordered over 1 billion rounds of ammo....... I have seen this in a Movie... It doesn't look good for the Free people...

Also look back in History the last time a Leader pushed for Gun Control and got it... Yes, Hitler and Germany .. For the safety of the People... Then Hundreds of Thousands of People where Killed.... Those People sitting on the HILL needs to get with it... Don't mess with the Bill of Rights, It will just lead US down the wrong path.

Comment

Working...
                  X