CHL holders, do you carry at church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHL holders, do you carry at church?

I've read the law, it says no. But goes on to say it must be posted with 30.06 sign, or at the request of pastor, person in charge, etc...
    My CHL permit should come this week, so just wondering y'all's interpretation. My CHL instructor said, no 30.06 sign, no worries?

Yeap...every time that Im there..

Comment

You can carry in churches, hospitals, nursing homes, and amusement parks UNLESS there is a 30.06 sign posted.

Comment

I carry.

Comment

I never leave the house without it

Comment

I ain't sayin'... never know who's lurkin' round these here parts...

Comment

my FIL is a preacher. my BIL attends every service. let's just say i wouldn't want to be a bad guy and enter their church

i took the class in march, and the # of shootings in churches in the last decade are just unreal, per their literature and statistics.

if i have the option, i'll have one on me.

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
                I've read the law, it says no. But goes on to say it must be posted with 30.06 sign, or at the request of pastor, person in charge, etc...
                My CHL permit should come this week, so just wondering y'all's interpretation. My CHL instructor said, no 30.06 sign, no worries?
                Yeah, that section of the statute is hard to read. Your instructor is correct. No 30.06 sign and you're good to go.

Christian churches in my neighborhood are pretty well protected on Sunday mornings. Not that I would know much about that or anything........

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by cbail13 View Post
                  You can carry in churches, hospitals, nursing homes, and amusement parks UNLESS there is a 30.06 sign posted.
                  That is why that statute makes almost no sense.

It is illegal to carry anywhere there is a 30.06 sign.... and you can't carry at an amusement park, hospital or church if there is a 30.06 sign.

Huh?

Actually it says that those three places have a "defense to prosecution". which I guess means that a cop could arrest you and you can bring it up in court but it seem rather stupid since carrying at those locations does not enhance the offense.

Comment

My thoughts have always been they keep the writing.... hard to read on purpose. If you had to use it and were justified, your good (get a good lawyer).

I never carry at church because I simply print to much in my Sunday-go-to-meetin clothes.... But, when I get a good pocket pistol I sure as heck will.

Comment

yup

Comment

If I can't carry somewhere I don't go!! Except hospitals if'n I'm hurt or sick...

Comment

ALWAYS!!! But our laws are different Im sure......

Comment

Been doing that since before CHL was in the making.

Comment

Affirmative

Comment

Working...
                              X