"Glocks go bang every time"......nope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Glocks go bang every time"......nope!

I just wanted to ruffle the Glock guy's feathers a little bit with the title. This isn't a Glock bashing thread, just a heads up for the Glock guys that might be running Speer ammo.

A never before released report by the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office raises questions about the reliability of the Glock semi-automatic handgun used by its deputies.

Interesting, but I have full confidence in Glock anyways.

Every manufacturer is going to have a few bad apples leave the plant every now and then.

Comment

glocks are terrible. Much nicer guns on the market.

Comment

Interesting indeed. I'd be worried if it was widely reported but this sounds like a pretty isolated problem so far. I'll definitely be inspecting both mine and my wife's Glocks though just to make sure.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, the Speer ammo uses a small primer, at least comparing it to Winchester, Rem....it does...I"ve used it in my Kimber with no issues but, not in a Glock YET!...

Comment

I prefer Toyotas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
              If i'm not mistaken, the Speer ammo uses a small primer, at least comparing it to Winchester, Rem....it does...I"ve used it in my Kimber with no issues but, not in a Glock YET!...
              the weapons mentioned were 9mm and 40, which use the small primer only. i initially suspected ammo, but firing pin?

Comment

Yep Glocks are horrible. Ya'll can all send yours to me. I'll even pay the shipping so you won't have to worry about them not working when you need them to.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                  Yep Glocks are horrible. Ya'll can all send yours to me. I'll even pay the shipping so you won't have to worry about them not working when you need them to.
                  I'll take what he doesn't have room for

Comment

At least they're stylish and ergonomical though.

Comment

I own a couple no issues here

Comment

I cant stand them. I wouldnt own one. I have seen them ftf and fte. But they have a heck of a track record and are reliable. But they are ugly and feel like a brick to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                          I own a couple no issues here
                          Wait I used to own a couple but they were lost when I let another tbh'r borrow them and they sunk with his boat when he went on a fishin trip

Comment

Its funny in that article how the age and round count in the weapons was never mentioned and the firing pin wear is something that I would expect to see in a weapon with extended duty and use time..

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                              Wait I used to own a couple but they were lost when I let another tbh'r borrow them and they sunk with his boat when he went on a fishin trip
                              See.....they even sink boats. How thoughtful !! Unless you are in the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X