? on Gunbroker purchasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on Gunbroker purchasing

I found a gun I wanted. Clicked "buy it now" for XX amount. Shipping instructions was buyer pays actual shipping cost and that was it. Seller sent me an invoice for gun, shipping, and $30 transfer fee on his side, never mentioned in ad. I questioned the transfer fee and he said it is "implied".
    Is the sellers ffl transfer fee really implied?

I never paid a transfer fee when I bought my two guns. I just had to pay the FFL fee on my end.

Comment

I've never paid the seller a fee, just my FFL on my end.

Comment

I have never paid this fee. I have bought 4 firearms off gun broker. I think they are trying to give you the business.

Comment

Tell him to get bent and "imply" he needs to pay his own dang fee.

Comment

Never paid a seller's FFL fee on any GB deal, and I've bought several from there from all over the country.

Stu

Comment

I've only paid transfer fees on my end. I think ole boy is trying to get in your pocket alittle deeper!

Comment

I'd look hard at the auction details. If its not mentioned then I ain't paying

Comment

if it isnt in the auction details, you arent liable for them. look at his ratings as well and see what others have said too.

Comment

bogus

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I've never paid the seller a fee, just my FFL on my end.

Speaking of which.....that reminds me......

Comment

it's not implied if it's not standard on all auctions...which it isn't.....

I have never run into it on any transactions I have done on GB but I know that there are some sellers that want to more or less double up on the background check buy having the item shipped out of their FFL to your FFL...I would think that that would include the shipping fee from their end FFL as well but...who knows....I'd be looking into a complaint with GB myself....

Comment

No its not implied... I'd tell him I aint paying it. Then I would refuse to do business with him. I have heard of FFL's doing this charging the fee anytime they handle the gun... to those FFL's I say no thanks Im taking my business elsewhere. I only pay an FFL IF HE DOES THE PAPER WORK

If he is doing crap like this then if something else arises he will try to rake you over the coals instead of make it right.

I've bought many a gun of GB... I pay shipping plus cost of firearm to seller. I pay the FFL fee to MY FFL....

Comment

I wouldn't pay it.
                            Last edited by dc1986; 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

He doesn't need to use a FFL to ship the gun. The gun can't be shipped directly to you unless it is a long gun and the seller is also in Texas. If it is from out of state or if it's a handgun then it just needs to be shipped to your FFL. If he wants to pay an FFL to handle the shipping for him on his end, that's up to him. I wouldn't pay for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X