Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your views on gun registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your views on gun registration?

Writing a research paper and need to hear some opinions on opposition to govt. regulated mandatory registration...

None of their business how many or what kinds of guns that law abiding citizens own. Registration starts us down that slippery slope that could lead to confiscation someday. Beyond the second amendment implications, its a privacy issue.

Comment

Simple:

Leave us alone

Comment

No!

Comment

Against, if I was writing the paper, I would use history as my main point against it, such as Hitler and some of the similar cronies.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
            No!
            Well said... If I could critique just a bit I'd add "HELL"

HELL NO!

Comment

Against...but I live in city that requires all handguns be registered with the police department.

Always have to keep the card issued to you with your guns. If open carrying, you have to be able to produce it if asked by a leo(but have never had that issue).

I haven't seen a negative thing come of it yet, but I see where it could lead to.

Comment

As a legal citizen of the United States of America and have the right to "bear arms", per the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, I believe that I should not have to register my guns. The right to bear arms predates the Bill of Rights; the Second Amendment was based partially on the right to bear arms in English common-law, and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689.
                I have a right to said guns to defend myself and my family from both foreign and domestic enemies and from a tyrannical government. Therefore a gun registration does nothing more than give the "government" (or the U.N.) a list of who currently has guns.
                I concur with the above comment of "HELL NO"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  Against...but I live in city that requires all handguns be registered with the police department.
                  what??????

That's a law on their books? In Texas? Or Nevada? I need to hear more.

Comment

Criminals don't obey laws. Registration would open up a huge black market through our porous border.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

I ain't registering squat!!

Comment

They can kiss my @$$ if they expect me to register any **** guns!

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            Criminals don't obey laws. Registration would open up a huge black market through our porous border.
                            This is the problem in Chicago. Some 7,000 people have handgun permits LEGALLY in Chicago since 2010 when the supreme court ruled the full out ban was un constitutional... Last year alone in Chicago (2012) police confiscated 7,500 handguns that were used in crimes.... So if you live in Chicago with very strict gun laws. There's more illegal guns taken off the street IN ONE YEAR than there are legally owned.

Yup essentially you're making your legal gun owners setting ducks... Disarming the law abiding citizen while your criminals get to run free with out the risk of joe blow not grabbing his wallet but rather his loaded 45.

So their solution? "well we need to ban guns everywhere then there wouldn't be any to bring in".... Kinda like the lady that said "if you ban these high capacity magazines, people that have them now will shoot them up and then there won't be anymore"... What an idiot... That is in charge of pushing her mindless crap on people... Biden said "buy a double barrel shotgun, go out on your porch and fire both blasts into the air" .... These are the morons trying to get this stuff passed.

Look if I had a heart problem, I'd go to heart doctor. If I need my car worked on I go to a mechanic... We have experts people... Maybe somebody should stop and think... Maybe we should ask one of them...

Nope our president brought in the newtown families to speak to the senate... Their not experts... They don't have a clue what this country needs, or if a mag limit would have made their kiddos safe... That's like saying a guy that's HAD open heart surgery is qualified to PERFORM open heart surgery... STUPID... You wouldn't let that slide in a hospital....

Im a Teacher, Coach and a hunter (among other things).. Ask me about those things and I will tell you every thing I know... But tomorrow if you wake up having trouble breathing and your arms feel tingly don't PM me... take your *** to a doctor. I'm going to be of little to no use.

Why don't they ask the experts? Because they will give them answers they don't want to hear.... What's the best way to stop a mad man with a gun? A sane man with a gun.

What's the best way to curb violence? Let everybody carry that wants to and make criminals think before they act.

What's the best way to loose your guns to an oppressive government? Tell them which ones you have, given em the serial numbers, where you live, and your social security number.
                            http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...bear-arms.html

No we won't be registering any guns here. You wanna see the serial numbers? Come get a close look big boy... But you might wanna bring help.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              Against, if I was writing the paper, I would use history as my main point against it, such as Hitler and some of the similar cronies.
                              Yes, exactly. The Third Reich was fond of gun registration. And to borrow a line from an email from a friend: I saw a movie where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List.

LWD

Comment

Working...
                              X