Help me choose.. Glock 23 or 27?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me choose.. Glock 23 or 27?

Just as the title says I'm having trouble deciding between the model 23 or 27 for my carry weapon. Does anyone carry either of these? To me the 27 grip is SO small. The 23 is only 1/2 inch longer and fits my hand so much better. Is the 23 that much harder to conceal or uncomfortable to carry?

I have had them both, the 23 is harder to conceal IMO, which is why now if I were to carry it is a Glock 26 with the +1 pinky extensions on the mags

Comment

I prefr my 23

Comment

I have a 27 for sale in the Classifieds, so I'm gonna say......27!

Seriously, if the shape of a Glock grip fit my hand, it wouldn't be for sale. But I chose the 27 because it's more flexible. You can stick with the stock mags for a short grip, or you can use mags for a 23 with grip sleeves and have the same length grip as the 23. I have 6 different mags with mine that are 3 different lengths - all with sleeves or pinky extensions. You can make a 27 grip whatever you want it to be with different mags.

Comment

I think the 23 is a better overall choice. Not that much more difficult to conceal and much more shootable.

Comment

Concealing a weapon depends a lot on your shape and how you are going to carry. I carry a Glock 22 or 35 off duty all the time. There are many choices for holster but you have to find what works for you and your clothes. I have holsters that work with Wranglers but not with shorts. It is a trail and error process. You can get a magazine extension that makes it fit better in the 27. Of course I also like having more rounds and also carry a second mag. Good luck.

Comment

I carry the 19 and 26. The 19 hurts my leg a little when I set down due to the lenfth of the slide, but overall its pretty easy to conseal even in the pocket of my shorts. I really like the size of the 26 and it does not hurt my leg at all. I put the pinkey mag extender on and it fits great. It has became my favorite ccw by far and I feel good with the 12 rounds 9mm.

Comment

G27 has a heavy recoil. The recoil correction between two quick shots is quite a bit longer than the full size G23. I carry a G26 and have a full size H&K USP40 for the home defense type role. My G26 9mm recoil feels very similar to the full size frame 40. Shooting a G27 is a much sharper recoil than my full size 40 and not very pleasant to train with. I would go with the full size frame G23 or a G26.
                Last edited by backspinnn; 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I carry a 23 with an IWB and don't have any issues.

Comment

If you were closer I'd let you shoot both my 23 and 27 to see which one you liked better...

I like the 27....but recently acquired the 30!

Comment

The G23.

It is only 1/2" longer and 3/4" in height more than the G27 and identical width.

For those tiny differences, you have a pistol that you can actually fit your hand on without needed an extended magazine and 4 more rounds.

Comment

Concealed carry is often a compromise of what feels great to shoot vs what you can hide away depending upon the weather and your body type, preferred attire, etc.

I don't find the 26/27/33 to be significantly more concealable than the 19/23/32 but you may. If so, I would suggest using the stock mags possibly with fingertip extensions. Once you use the larger mags with sleeves to extend the grip you've lost most of the benefit of the smaller size and weight and turned it into a slightly inferior (shorter barrel and sight radius), ever-so-slightly lighter copy of its bigger brother.

Check out the Beretta Nano as a more concealable alternative to the 26/27. It's basically a single stack Glock, and it's much thinner and lighter than the 26. The 9mm version has been selling so well that Beretta had to delay the .40 version to keep up with demand. Supposedly the .40 is coming this year.

Comment

Do you want a target pistol you can carry or a carry pistol you can shoot at the range?

Comment

I'm in the 23 camp. That is usually what I carry.

Comment

I like the 27 and carry it alot. I dont have a glock 23 but I do have a HK P2000 compact and I rarely carry that gun concealed. It's just too bulky for me compared to the 27.

Comment

Working...
                              X