• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Speed Six 38 special.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
      I posted when I got it, but I'm finished and hunting. Pigs and blacktail now, future elk, mule deer and antelope.

Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
      Vortex Viper and sunshade
      Fluted the bolt
      Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great wood on that tikka. I love mine. One of the smoothest bolts, triggers, and shooters I own

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rossi Single Shot 243

My niece wanted a real hunting rifle, so I traded her my pink zebra stripped Mossberg Maverick 243 this one.

Now what to do with this new one???

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
          Rossi Single Shot 243

My niece wanted a real hunting rifle, so I traded her my pink zebra stripped Mossberg Maverick 243 this one.

Now what to do with this new one???

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Id say shoot it, but thats just me! [emoji1]

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

I picked up a Ruger Hawkeye FTW in 6.5 Creed from Vanmedic last week.

[ATTACH]864081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864082[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice setup

Comment

Didn't buy them, but won them!

2 Mossberg Patriot Rifles.

The walnut stock is a .270, and the synthetic stock is a youth model .243 for my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  I picked up a Ruger Hawkeye FTW in 6.5 Creed from Vanmedic last week.

[ATTACH]864081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]864082[/ATTACH]

Great shooting Courtney! You obviously were able to get solid behind the rifle but do you feel that you have a more solid cheek weld if the scope were lower?

Maybe it's a personal peeve but I want my scopes closer to the barrel than that.

Comment

Ruger recommended medium rings for a scope with that size objective bell so that's what I ordered.
                    I don't know if low rings would work but I'd have to buy another set to find out.
                    I just put adjustable cheek pad on there and it's no problem.

Comment

Ruger recommended medium rings for a scope with that size objective bell so that's what I ordered.
                      I don't know if low rings would work but I'd have to buy another set to find out.
                      I just put adjustable cheek pad on there and it's no problem.

What size objective is that? I have a Ruger M77 predator and they recommended me use a #5 and a #6 ring for my 50mm scope. I got ordered one shorter (#4 and #5) and they worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                        What size objective is that? I have a Ruger M77 predator and they recommended me use a #5 and a #6 ring for my 50mm scope. I got ordered one shorter (#4 and #5) and they worked great.

44mm and I used rings #4 and 5.

Comment

44mm and I used rings #4 and 5.

I bet you could drop down a step. I had the recommended rings and had to pick my head off the rifle to get a good sight picture so I dropped down. Mount the rifle with your eyes closed the. Open them. If you have a good sight picture then you are good to go.

Comment

This:

This:

And this:

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                              I bet you could drop down a step. I had the recommended rings and had to pick my head off the rifle to get a good sight picture so I dropped down. Mount the rifle with your eyes closed the. Open them. If you have a good sight picture then you are good to go.
                              Ruger doesn't have low rings for a 30mm tube. Or at least I can't find them anywhere. #'s 4 / 5 is as low as they come. I guess I could look in to another brand.
                              Does it really look that bad? The scope is mounted a little higher than some of my other rifles but it doesn't look any higher than a lot of the set ups posted on this thread..or does it?

Comment

My new truck gun...maybe. We'll see after I shoot it, haha! Palmetto State upper and lower for only $379 delivered.
                                [emoji16]

--------------------------
                                Nombre, Shut up!
                                GO SPURS GO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X