What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
    I love the 43! I added the taran tactical 2+ extender and a slide clip. It's the easiest pistol to carry I have ever had.
    Awesome! I currently carry a G33 with a .40 barrel in it. I might try to sell it and just buy a matching set of 43s for the wife and I. I like my 33 but it's bulky to carry in paddle holster since it's double stacked.

Comment

Bought a Yildiz SPZ ME/20 20 Gauge Over-and-Under Texas Edition Monday.
      Shot it 11 times yesterday and knocked down 5 birds flying high and fast. All the birds were 40+yds out and like missiles.
      The Monarch shells from Academy are pretty good stuff at 1300fps and burned very clean. Almost no residue in the barrel and recoil was lower than I expected for high brass shells.

The gun has nice Turkish walnut wood but fit and finish on the wood, barrel and breech is what you would expect from a cheap gun, better than some and worse than others. The gun functioned flawlessly and the ejectors sent the hulls back at warp speed landing 8 to 10 feet behind me. I would not advise looking straight into the breech when this thing ejects.

Overall I think it's a good deal for what you pay.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-14-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Shot it 11 times yesterday and knocked down 5 birds flying high and fast. All the birds were 40+yds out and like missiles.
        The Monarch shells from Academy are pretty good stuff at 1300fps and burned very clean. Almost no residue in the barrel and recoil was lower than I expected for high brass shells.

The gun has nice Turkish walnut wood but fit and finish on the wood, barrel and breech is what you would expect from a cheap gun, better than some and worse than others. The gun functioned flawlessly and the ejectors sent the hulls back at warp speed landing 8 to 10 feet behind me. I would not advise looking straight into the breech when this thing ejects.

Very nice, didn't know they made a Texas Edition. Where did you find that? Price if you don't mind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
          Very nice, didn't know they made a Texas Edition. Where did you find that? Price if you don't mind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
          Academy has a few here and there. $679
          Academy told me they are not getting any new shipments in from Turkey any way soon due to the political civil war going on with the coup attempt.
          Academy in Richland Hills has a few and Flower Mound store has a few.
          I got mine in Flower Mound store.
          Best thing is to call customer service and they will locate one for you.
          The Texas Edition only comes in 12 and 20 gauge.
          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-14-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

That is nice!!!

Comment

Very nice! Great guns for the price. I would like to have that one in 12 gauge

Comment

Finally got a Glock after years of resistance! G17 with 3.5lb ghost trigger, stippled grip, and a stainless spring assembly with 20lb spring. I love the trigger! Gonna take some getting used to after years of shooting 1911's but it's not bad.

Comment

I would tell you but on the off chance that my wife sees this........I claim the 5th.

Comment

Rock Island 1911 in 45 acp from 2009 with original box, paperwork, etc.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      Rock Island 1911 in 45 acp from 2009 with original box, paperwork, etc.

Great pistol. Hope it's a shooter. I know mine is. Better accuracy than the Kimber I had. I replaced the grips with Chip McCormick checkered rose wood and added some night sights. These are a great platform for upgrading to 45 Super. I did that too.
                      I got mine back when a new one was $325 at about any gun store.

Go have sum fun

PS: pick you up a couple of Wilson Combat magazines for it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great pistol. Hope it's a shooter. I know mine is. Better accuracy than the Kimber I had. I replaced the grips with Chip McCormick checkered rose wood and added some night sights. These are a great platform for upgrading to 45 Super. I did that too.
                        I got mine back when a new one was $325 at about any gun store.

Go have sum fun

PS: pick you up a couple of Wilson Combat magazines for it.
                        thanks!!! Probably wont get to the range until next week.

Actually picking up another Rock Island 1911 today. In 10mm. It will be my first 10mm.

Comment

Not a new firearm but I did install new mounts for the Punisher pistol. I installed the mounts under the back seat of the truck. I dig it!

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            Not a new firearm but I did install new mounts for the Punisher pistol. I installed the mounts under the back seat of the truck. I dig it!

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Thats pretty cool man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im a couple days behind.. but that texas yildiz is sure purty

Comment

Marlin 97
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by krtnorris; 09-16-2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X