• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCT View Post
    500 S&W and a Spike's stripped lower
    I've got one of those 500's and they are a serious hand cannon. Love mine

Comment

My buddy accidentally double tapped my 500. The recoil from the first shot caused the trigger to get pulled immediately afterward. Be careful, itsa two hander!

Comment

500 S&W and a Spike's stripped lower
        Read below.... it will happen in a heartbeat.
        Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        My buddy accidentally double tapped my 500. The recoil from the first shot caused the trigger to get pulled immediately afterward. Be careful, itsa two hander!
        It is easier to handle with a small grain bullet. I shot some 400 grains in mine and thought my hand and wrist were going to fall off. When I just want to burn a few rounds I now shoot some 250 grain bullets.

My plan is this yr to shoot a pig with some 385 grain hollow points

Comment

Ruger SBH 454 Casull

Comment

Got this Mossberg 500 Super Bantam 20g for my 7yr old to duck hunt with. He's got 8 birds with it so far. Great little shotgun.

Comment

Ruger SBH 454 Casull

Nice looking gun. Have always wanted a 454 Casull

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post

Thanks, the 500 is actually more comfortable to shoot. Prolly hafta get a glove for the 454

Comment

Read below.... it will happen in a heartbeat.

It is easier to handle with a small grain bullet. I shot some 400 grains in mine and thought my hand and wrist were going to fall off. When I just want to burn a few rounds I now shoot some 250 grain bullets.

My plan is this yr to shoot a pig with some 385 grain hollow points
                  Hadn't got to try it out yet. I picked up some 300 grains for it.

Comment

Hadn't got to try it out yet. I picked up some 300 grains for it.
                    You will be fine... I love mine. It was dead on up to 25 yds oit of the box.
                    Make sure you WEAR EAR PROTECTION!!!!! Especially if it has the ported end. It will deafen you like no other

Comment

Thanks, the 500 is actually more comfortable to shoot. Prolly hafta get a glove for the 454
                      Wow wouldn't have thought that. Maybe because the Ruger is so light.

Comment

I did sneak another one into the stable this weekend.[ATTACH

I am now going to pick up a 460 in 8 or 9 " barrel to brother this. If I can find a reasonable priced one, they make a 500 S&W with a 3 inch barrel.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Yikes!
                            It weighs
                            Yikes!
                            It weighs 59.5 ounces which is 3.72lbs. I'm sure with a heavy grain 460 it will be a mule. Beauty is you can shoot 45lc and 454 Casull in it too, so you can shoot it cheaper and with less recoil.

Couldn't pass on it, priced right. haha

Comment

I have to agree with you on that...it is one nice looking gun

Comment

1974 Marlin 336 RC 35 Rem. Same age as me!

Comment

Working...
                                X