No announcement yet.

What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an unintentional build. I've had a Alexander 6.5 Grendel for many years and have killed a slew of critters with it. Back in the summer I bought a new barrel with intentions of only doing a barrel swap.

Well I ended up offering the complete upper for sale to a fellow TBH member that had mentioned he wanted a 6.5 Grendel. So we agreed to a price. In the meantime I found another lower that I had been looking for so I contacted the TBH'er and we worked out a deal for him to buy the whole rifle.

Got the rifle shipped to him and began gathering parts for my now complete rifle build. After a few days of talking ammo and such, the conversation turned to optics. Now I knew this fella liked Zeiss Conquest scopes and I just happened to have a 4.5-14 x 44 Conquest mounted on the rifle. I ran across a great deal on an upgrade model and so it was that he bought the scope as well. This model had the rapid Z 800 reticle which by all appearances appeared to be a perfect match for the 6.5 Grendel and Hornady 123 grain SST loads.

So after gathering a butt load of parts and new glass here she is. My new and improved 6.5 Grendel.

Once again sorry about the ginormous pics if you are viewing on a computer (do people really do that anymore )? Tapatalk always does that when they host the pics.

For anyone interested this is the build list:
    • Noveske/VLTOR MUR1 Upper
    • Bartlein 6.5mm 5R .720" Stainless Barrel. Chambered in 6.5 Grendel by Precision Firearms
    • Barrel Matched Bolt by Precision Firearms
    • WMD Guns Nickel Boron Lo-Pro Gas Block
    • WMD Guns Rifle Length Nitromet Gas Tube
    • WMD Guns M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier
    • Noveske 16.7" NSR Hand Guard
    • AAC 51t Brakeout 7.62
    • Noveske/Rainier Raptor Charging Handle
    • Noveske Flip Up Sights
    • Larue LT-104 QD Scope Mount
    • Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25 x 50 Rapid Z 800 Scope
    • Noveske Gen 3 Lower
    • Colt Lower Parts Kit
    • Geiselle SD-E Trigger
    • VLTOR A5 Buffer System
    • VLTOR Emod Buttstock
    • Atlas Bipod with QD Mount
    • BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 Grip
    • Noveske Take Down Pins
    Last edited by Mike D; 10-19-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      This was an unintentional build. I've had a Alexander 6.5 Grendel for many years and have killed a slew of critters with it. Back in the summer I bought a new barrel with intentions of only doing a barrel swap.

Well I ended up offering the complete upper for sale to a fellow TBH member that had mentioned he wanted a 6.5 Grendel. So we agreed to a price. In the meantime I found another lower that I had been looking for so I contacted the TBH'er and we worked out a deal for him to buy the whole rifle.

Got the rifle shipped to him and began gathering parts for my now complete rifle build. After a few days of talking ammo and such, the conversation turned to optics. Now I knew this fella liked Zeiss Conquest scopes and I just happened to have a 4.5-14 x 44 Conquest mounted on the rifle. I ran across a great deal on an upgrade model and so it was that he bought the scope as well. This model had the rapid Z 800 reticle which by all appearances appeared to be a perfect match for the 6.5 Grendel and Hornady 123 grain SST loads.

So after gathering a butt load of parts and new glass here she is. My new and improved 6.5 Grendel.

Once again sorry about the ginormous pics if you are viewing on a computer (do people really do that anymore )? Tapatalk always does that when they host the pics.

For anyone interested this is the build list:
      • Noveske/VLTOR MUR1 Upper
      • Bartlein 6.5mm 5R .720" Stainless Barrel. Chambered in 6.5 Grendel by Precision Firearms
      • Barrel Matched Bolt by Precision Firearms
      • WMD Guns Nickel Boron Lo-Pro Gas Block
      • WMD Guns Rifle Length Nitromet Gas Tube
      • WMD Guns M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier
      • Noveske 16.7" NSR Hand Guard
      • AAC 51t Brakeout 7.62
      • Noveske/Rainier Raptor Charging Handle
      • Noveske Flip Up Sights
      • Larue LT-104 QD Scope Mount
      • Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25 x 50 Rapid Z 800 Scope
      • Noveske Gen 3 Lower
      • Colt Lower Parts Kit
      • Geiselle SD-E Trigger
      • VLTOR A5 Buffer System
      • VLTOR Emod Buttstock
      • Atlas Bipod with QD Mount
      • BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 Grip
      • Noveske Take Down Pins

Looks good Mike!

See what you did Lee?

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
        Looks good Mike!

See what you did Lee?
        That wasn't MY fault!!!! We started talkin' about the 6.5 ballistics and next thing you know Mike somehow weaseled his rifle in my safe!!! I'm still not sure how it got in there!!

That sure is perty Mike! I can't wait to shoot mine too!

Comment

Man Tapatalk makes those pictures look like crap on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
            That wasn't MY fault!!!! We started talkin' about the 6.5 ballistics and next thing you know Mike somehow weaseled his rifle in my safe!!! I'm still not sure how it got in there!!

That sure is perty Mike! I can't wait to shoot mine too!
            Yeah......he's done the same to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Man Tapatalk makes those pictures look like crap on the computer.
              It brings out the detail!

Comment

Dang, I thought MY rear BUIS was close to my scope on a couple of my rifles!!

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                  Dang, I thought MY rear BUIS was close to my scope on a couple of my rifles!!

Hahaha. Hey a dollar bill slips under.

Comment

Twin Winchester 37 youth models....These are the only 2 I've ever seen....They came with a shorter modified barrel and stock..red Winchester pad..and in 20 gauge....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Remy 700 SPS Tac. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413936871.788950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24338858

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                        Twin Winchester 37 youth models....These are the only 2 I've ever seen....They came with a shorter modified barrel and stock..red Winchester pad..and in 20 gauge....
                        Great find!

Comment

Darn Keg, those are some great finds!!

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                            Great find!

Darn Keg, those are some great finds!!
                            A couple Grandsons will be gettin these....

Comment

What gun did you buy today?

Yea those are perfect for passing down to the kids and grandkids. Your good man Keg don't care why they say about ya.
                              Last edited by Chadroe; 10-21-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

A couple Grandsons will be gettin these....
                                I'm a grandson!

Comment

Working...
                                X