Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a trade thread for reloading components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
    H-4350 @ Academy for $49.99/lb. No Thanks!
    WOW Academy has gone to the dark side

Comment

Not just Academy, everything has gone up or will shortly due to inflation. When 1 part of something made of many components goes up the vendor or manufacturer raises prices. Bullets have already went up, cases have went up, no primers so they will when available again now powder will start.

Comment

That's cool. Don't buy it from Academy.
        For me, when I figure the price others want for it, plus hazmat and shipping, it gets a lot closer price wise. Then take off my veteran discount...
        But...do it your way.

I noticed that Academy has raised the price on their bullets and ammunition by about $5 too.

Comment

We’re screwed, hope you guys have enough stuff for the long haul. At the rate this stuffs going up it’s going to be $100 a pound by years end. Primers have gone up substantially again as well, saw some CCI 200’s for $71 this morning and gone within 15 minutes. **** shame, if anyone’s thinking about getting into reloading now your nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
            We’re screwed, hope you guys have enough stuff for the long haul. At the rate this stuffs going up it’s going to be $100 a pound by years end. Primers have gone up substantially again as well, saw some CCI 200’s for $71 this morning and gone within 15 minutes. **** shame, if anyone’s thinking about getting into reloading now your nuts.
            True that.

Comment

You're right. I have seen the prices ratcheting up online when they don't even have the stuff in stock. Bullets that used to be $33 are now $42. Ammo that I gave 21.99 for 2 or three months ago is now 24.99. And ammo I bought at 29.95 in January is now 39.99 at the cheapest, and that is IF you can find it.
              In the short term, I think the best we can do is to trade stuff we don't need for stuff that we do need.

Anyhow, I have decided to standardize on 140 ELD-M bullets for my 6.5. I have 2 unopened boxes of Hornady 30 cal 150 grain SST bullets, and 1 box of Hornady 6.5 140 BTHP Match bullets.
              I am looking for 6.5 140 ELD-M bullets.

Comment

I have a big order of 140 ELDM’s amongst many others coming soon from a back order from last June and when I get it I’ll let you have a couple box’s. I was at least smart enough to back order a bunch of stuff I knew I would eventually need from several different suppliers starting early 2020 when it was just starting to get really really crazy and when you could still back order stuff. Dang glad I did now, I’ve currently got way more than I’ll ever need in 5 lifetimes now of pretty much everything I’ll ever need so I’m about to start paying it forward and you already had claim to a few box’s.

It’s due to ship on the 7th, thr waiting for 212’s to come in,
                Last edited by Kong; 06-02-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

PV has some Berger’s in different flavors and calibers,

Get shot-to-shot consistency with Berger .284 / 7mm 190 grain long range hybrid target bullets from Powder Valley. Proven to have less than 1% BC variation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                    So glad I had stuff stockpiled from 25-30 years ago
                    Those old cans of powder the I never opened and paid $15 a can for and now worth $35-40. I would never sell any of my stuff. Even trades only, pound for pound or bullet for bullet.
                    14k primer stockpile don't take me very far and those seem to be the missing screw most places.

Comment

Lots and lots of primers

Comment

Thanks Kong. Sure appreciate it.

Comment

I just grabbed some H4831, Win 760 ball and large rifle primers at Carter’s Country. They also had leverevolution, several accurate powders, 1 lb of Magpro, IMR4198, and several shotgun powders.

All fairly priced. Good on CC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Canada sure got it good on supply and prices.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                              I just grabbed some H4831, Win 760 ball and large rifle primers at Carter’s Country. They also had leverevolution, several accurate powders, 1 lb of Magpro, IMR4198, and several shotgun powders.

You just ticked a bunch of people off

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post

Good on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X