Sig P938- The review....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig P938- The review....

Got to take the little pistol to the range today for the first time, I have to say that I am very pleased with this purchase...

The reason for purchasing this pistol was mainly for my wife as she will be taking her CHL in the coming weeks, she was not comfortable with the current pistols I own and I wanted to get her a pistol that was equipped with a safety as she is just getting into shooting pistols for the most part. After much research and handling a lot of firearms (local gun show came at just the right time), this one had several features that I liked and several that she liked. I own several 1911's so I liked that this pistol resembled the 1911 in many ways, thus it operates very similar and once she is comfortable with this pistol there won't be much of a learning curve to pick up one of mine. She liked that she was able to function the slide easier than many of the other guns of the same size, as well as the fit in her hand. The main safety feature I liked about this pistol was the fact that once you have put the magazine in, you can have the thumb safety on while cycling the slide to put a bullet into the chamber, a major plus IMO for a new shooter.

Anyhow, the gun ran flawlessly... The wife and I both shot multiple rounds through the gun (75 rounds total), for a little pistol this one fits in the hand great and is extremely comfortable to shoot. For such a small gun I was impressed with the accuracy achieved with the little gun by both my wife and myself..

For those looking for a CCW or a small pistol for the wife, this pistol is definitely is worth taking a looking at...

To give you an example of the size of this gun (for those that are not familiar with this little pistol) I have attached a photo...

Nice review! Love mine!

Comment

Great. Guns!

Comment

Thanks for the review. I carry a sig 230 that is over 20 yrs old and am looking to get a new ccw this year. My old one still works perfect but it may be time to retire the old girl

Comment

Good review and thanks for sharing it!!

Comment

I carry a 238 (380) every day. That one will be my next pistol purchase. I just wish they were closer in price to the 238!

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              I carry a 238 (380) every day. That one will be my next pistol purchase. I just wish they were closer in price to the 238!
              $100 more isnt that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                $100 more isnt that bad.
                Lemme rephrase that- closer in price to when I bought the 238! I got mine for $515 driveout. I haven't seen a 938 for much less that $700 yet.

Comment

Love em', thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for the review. I will definitely have my wife look at the 938 before we purchase her conceal Cary pistol.

Comment

Lemme rephrase that- closer in price to when I bought the 238! I got mine for $515 driveout. I haven't seen a 938 for much less that $700 yet.
                      Academy at 6 and 290 had one last night but you are correct. It was a tad over $700.

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait

We have the 238 and like it, just always wished they offered it in 9mm. I'll probably be buying two of these.
                        Last edited by Chuy; 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I really like what I'm hearing on this!

Excuse the dumb question (I'm a Glock guy ), but is this style like a 1911 which most carried "cocked and locked"? If so, does that pose an issue with a "pocket pistol"?

Comment

Alan, I carry my P238 cocked and locked in my pocket without worries. Im gonna start lookin for the 9

Comment

I pocket carry mine (in an uncle mikes pocket holster) with the hammer at half cock and safety off. Cock it fully during draw. If in a full holster on the belt it's cocked and locked. The only thing I would change on this pistol is the addition of a grip safety and maybe ambi controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X