Gun Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Build

Looking for some input on a gun build I'm working on. Looking to build a flat shooting predator gun that will reach out to 500 yds. I have a .223 savage model 10 predator. Looking to get a .220 swift or 22-250 in a Remington action. Also thought about the 6mm 284 in Remington. Any experience in long range or help would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard nothing but good things about the 6.5x284 or you could even try a 264 win mag. That's a definite long range shooter.

Comment

The 6mm BR is a accurate round out to a grand, But the 6mmX284 is pretty kinky also!

Comment

I sold a 6.5x284 a few months ago.. trying to buy it back. It was a Savage LRH.

Comment

I'm working on a 264 win mag right now and its got great potential. Really like the ballistics of the 6.5x284 though. If the AR market wasn't crazy right now I'd suggest a 6.5 Grendel. When it calms down I think that'll be my next build.

Comment

6 mm rem ack imp just a thought

Comment

If you just want a predator gun for 500 yards go with the 22/250 it is only a tad slower than the 220 swift and unless you reload, you can find shells almost anywhere. I have both and there is really not much difference in the two as far as performance. They are way cheaper to shoot than the 6 or 6.5's also.

Comment

I vote for a .260 Rem. Perfect out to 500 yds.

Comment

6mm Dasher and roll your own

Comment

For a good common all around varmint gun 22-250 is the only way to go.
                    If u want to get into ******* calibers the list goes on and on.

Comment

22-250 is great for me. I'm working on a load for my 6.5 grendel right now though. for a long range gun. In all actuality one of the best varmint calibers and a long distance shooter is right in front of you, its called a .243. It will do 1000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                        If you just want a predator gun for 500 yards go with the 22/250 it is only a tad slower than the 220 swift and unless you reload, you can find shells almost anywhere. I have both and there is really not much difference in the two as far as performance. They are way cheaper to shoot than the 6 or 6.5's also.
                        I've got the .220 and it's awesome but it is harder to find shells. I used to have to special order them until I started reloading.

Comment

for 500 yds and varmint, i wouldnt look past the 22-250. 220 swift is harder to find ammo for, and def more expensive. build it with a 26" 1:9" twist and shoot 70gr pills handily

Comment

This may help..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
                              22-250 is great for me. I'm working on a load for my 6.5 grendel right now though. for a long range gun. In all actuality one of the best varmint calibers and a long distance shooter is right in front of you, its called a .243. It will do 1000 yards.
                              243! Was my second thought there great because you can load them down to around 55 grains or up to 90 or so

Comment

Working...
                              X