New to reloading. Few questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to reloading. Few questions?

Is 4350 powder approximately the same throughout different brands? For example; is IMR 4350 equal to AA 4350? I have some IMR 4350 but the recipe I have for my 7mm-08 calls for AA 4350?
    I need to calibrate my beam scale. I have the table level and the scale level, can I take the powder holder apart and add or take away weight to zero? It has some small shot in it now?

Also if you have any bullet or load combos that work for your gun? I know all hubs are different?
    Thanks guys.

No

Comment

Originally posted by Johnybenchrest View Post
      No
      ^^^This. Print off a powder chart online. It will break it down into burn rate for you.

Comment

Your scale should have an adjustment on it.
        You are scaring me with your reloading tactics.

Put the powder down and step away from the bench sir!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1 View Post

I'm pretty sure that's why the bird shot is in the bottom of the one pan and sealed in with a screw? Just asking, gonna try to download a manual?

Comment

What type of scale is it rcbs 505? The powders will be close but best to follow exact recipes?

Did you buy a whole kit from someone with pieces and parts? Spare primers and powder etc.

Comment

You can load 7mm-08 with IMR4350 you just need to get the loading data for it.

Comment

There's several videos on youtube on how to calibrate powder scales.

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that's why the bird shot is in the bottom of the one pan and sealed in with a screw? Just asking, gonna try to download a manual?
                  I see what ur saying. There is a leveling screw on most beam type scales. It will be in the base, opposite of the pivit point. I have 2 different rcbs scales, the powder pans are not interchangable even though they look identical. You might have the wrong pan or it has foreign matter stuck to it. So yes, you can recalibrate your scale by adding or removing the shot that is in it.
                  Always stick with published data when reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                    What type of scale is it rcbs 505? The powders will be close but best to follow exact recipes?

Did you buy a whole kit from someone with pieces and parts? Spare primers and powder etc.
                    Yes I was given the whole setup. Primers and powder too. That's why I was wanting to use the powder I had if possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1 View Post

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbug View Post
                        Yes I was given the whole setup. Primers and powder too. That's why I was wanting to use the powder I had if possible?
                        Should be able to get on the powder website and get some suggested loads. Did you weigh a bullet or something to know your scale was off?

Comment

Whats your rifle and its twist rate? I've got some very accurate loads for my 7-08, one of which uses IMR 4350.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                            Should be able to get on the powder website and get some suggested loads. Did you weigh a bullet or something to know your scale was off?
                            It wouldn't balance on the line no matter how much I moved the leg up and down.
                            I levied the scale and made sure my bench was level. I added a small piece of shot til it balanced.
                            I then checked it with a 55, 70, and 139 grain bullet. It balances with all those. I think it's correct as long as the bullets are the correct weight according to their boxes? Does this sound correct?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mac View Post
                              Whats your rifle and its twist rate? I've got some very accurate loads for my 7-08, one of which uses IMR 4350.
                              It's a Remington 700. Not sure what the twist rate is? How could I get that info?

Comment

Working...
                              X