• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocked and locked

Comment

Condition 1

Comment

I am hoping to join the 1911 brotherhood this weekend and I plan to carry cocked and locked.

Comment

Condition 1 cocked and locked

Comment

Condition 1-cocked and locked with the thumb safety on

Comment

To quote Uncle Ted....can't believe I'm about to do this, but.....Cocked, Locked and Ready to Rock, Doc. Okay, all fun aside, Condition 1 for me, in various holsters depending on my attire, but normally in an IWB Desantis kydex rig. Occasionally in a leather belt holster, which I prefer for comfort, but not as concealable and not as secure.

Comment

Cocked and locked. (Round chambered, hammer back, safety on.) Inside the waist appendix style.

There's no point in carrying a gun if it ain't loaded.

Ike

Comment

Cocked and locked.

Comment

cocked and locked, if its not it is in the safe, not much good if its not ready to use...

Comment

(Kimber) Cocked and Locked in a Black IWB Milt Sparks holster

Comment

Condition 1, they were designed to be carried that way.
                        I always tell anyone that's a little sketchy about carrying it that way to wear it around the house or lease or wherever for a day with it cocked and locked WITHOUT a live round in it. Build up your faith in your weapon. You'll see that it'll actually take some intentional effort to make that hammer drop.

Comment

So I been doing it wrong this whole time?!?! lol

Comment

Just remember, all the striker fired guns (glock, Smith m&p, etc) that don't have thumb safeties were designed that way to prevent folks from drawing in a combat situation, getting on target, and squeezing a locked trigger, potentially costing them their lives. The 1911, with its single action trigger, requires the thumb safety, but also requires practice to develop the muscle memory to flip it off on the draw. It's something you shouldn't even have to think about.

Comment

Working...
                            X