Statement from our Collin County Sherriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement from our Collin County Sherriff

In light of recent events I feel I need to make a public statement of my views on this subject.

As the Sheriff of Collin County, Texas, I have for the past 28 years served to protect and keep safe all citizens of our county, recognizing the trust placed in me with this profoundly important responsibility.

Unfortunately, the recent surge in the numbers of innocent victims who have died at the hands of unstable criminals has prompted politicians in Washington to seek to pass laws that would seriously erode the constitutional rights of innocent and law abiding citizens.

Neither I, nor any of my deputies, will participate in the enforcement of laws that violate our precious constitutional rights, including our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

As long as I remain Sheriff of Collin County, I will not participate in the actions of misguided politicians who seek to impede our citizen’s right to all of the privileges afforded by our Constitution.

Respectfully,

Terry G. Box
    Sheriff, Collin County Texas

Comment

That is good news!

Comment

I believe this is what is happening all over the South, and in most states across the Union!

I don't know of any law dog that will enforce anything that goes against the constitution or specifically the 2nd amendment!

Comment

Well said...We need more good folks like you,and your deputies looking after us.Thanks.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Will you please move to Houston and run against our sheriff in 2016?

Comment

Dems are probablly already working on a way to oust him.

Comment

lets hope new laws are not passed

Comment

sounds cool, would love to see a link to the public statement.

Comment

I sure hope and wish others would follow you!! Thank you for your service sir!!

Comment

Way to go Sheriff Box!!!!!

Comment

Thank you Sir.

Comment

Looks really familiar. Seems like all the sheriffs are using parts of this letter:

Comment

Working...
                              X