No announcement yet.

Just received my great granddaddy's colt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, don't carry it... But what a sweet gun man!

Comment

Beautiful piece of family history. If it was mine I would have it appraised and put it in a safe or safety deposit box if you have one.

Comment

Carry it and enjoy it. It has lots of sentimental value to you and will probably be handed down in your family for generations, I am sure. It is a link to your past everytime that you put the holster on your belt with it in it.

It has been re-nickled and a few parts have been gold plated and the grips are not the original ones, so no need it keeping it put back in the safe and not enjoying it. They are made for carrying and shooting!

Comment

I'll tell you what....your grandaddy had style!!! What a rig that was for the times. I have some guns from my great grandad and my grandad and I wouldn't take for em. Congrats

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments and comments! It definitely means a lot to me. How would I be able to know that it was re-nickeled and plated? Were none of them originally plated or is there something else to look for? I may have to carry it occasionally just for the sentimental value of it and to "walk in his shoes".

Comment

I recently inherited my grandfather old antique shotgun that ain't been fired in over 60 years. Dove hunted soley with it this season. Good feeling.

Comment

That's pretty awesome man. I can't wait to shoot this pistol. No way I could put it away without shooting it and no way I could carry it without it being proven safe and reliable.

Comment

Shoot it and carry it. He did, why cant you?

Comment

Working...
                  X