Chl question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chl question

Once you mail in your paperwork how long does it take to get it back?

It varies. I got mine back almost two months but I lived in 5 cities, 4 diff states. Right now, I'm sure with all the hype, people are getting CHL's, it may dampen the turnaround time. Good luck.

Comment

Mine took a little over 3 months

Comment

Wow that's longer than I was expecting

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
          Wow that's longer than I was expecting
          Mine was almost 3 years ago.

Comment

Hubby and I took the class on the same day. His took 3 weeks, mine took 10 weeks. I'm not a US citizen, so they had to check overseas, and there's a felon with the same name as me in LA. It just depends. Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynda View Post
              Hubby and I took the class on the same day. His took 3 weeks, mine took 10 weeks. I'm not a US citizen, so they had to check overseas, and there's a felon with the same name as me in LA. It just depends. Hang in there!
              That gives me hope! Thanks!

Comment

You probably know this, but you can check your status here:

Comment

Originally posted by Lynda View Post
                  You probably know this, but you can check your status here:
                  http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/index.htm
                  I did not know this thanks for info!

Comment

I did mine 2 years ago and it took about a month to process.

Simply stated...assuming your background check is clean, it just depends on how many people are trying to get a CHL. Increased demand = longer wait. Right after O got elected the wait time increased to upwards of 6 months, then it died down and I went and got mine. Now might be a longer wait than a few months ago.

Comment

My dad did his about a month and a half ago said it took just under a month to come in, I took my chl class last weekend and the instructor said the fastest he's seen one come in was 9 days but don't count on your luck being that good.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
                        Mine took a little over 3 months
                        I guess he will get the CHL a couple of months before any ammo is found to use it.

Comment

My initial app took about 200 days in 2007. I got my renewal at the end of 2012 and it took about 2.5 Weeks.

Comment

I've been checking the status on mine the last 3 weeks... hasn't change. The system sucks!

Comment

Mine took about 3 months, but that was because of a snag on the background check. Once I contacted them I clarified their inquiry and it was mailed out within a couple of days after calling them.

Just depends on their workload and the time it takes to process the background check...

Comment

Working...
                              X