Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy a safe from Gander Mountain before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone buy a safe from Gander Mountain before?

Looking at the Fat Boy 64 gun safe... I need to upgrade from the small one I bought a few years ago from Academy.

Also, do they actually help you move it into the house where you're going to store it? The sucker weighs almost 800lbs.! But I really need to upgrade...

Thanks

When I got mine from TSC they helped me load it on a trailer but they won't help you unload it at the casa. Im sure GM is the same way. Use a trailer to pick it up.

Comment

They will help you load it into the truck and then offer phone numbers for private companies that will charge you to move it into your home.

Comment

A buddy I work with had one delivered in Wisconsin and he said they moved it into his house. I'm sure it depends on the delivery guys. Ya I'm going to want someone that knows what they're doing since I just had new wood floors put in.

It was a B moving my 350'ish lbs safe where it is now since I was so paranoid with jacking up the floor. Plus it's not like there are handles on it. We shall see!

Comment

My dad bought one from there and i think it was around another 150.00 for delivery. A safe company out of Houston went and picked safe up in Beaumont and delivered it to my parents house. They had a remote controlled hydraulic dolly that maneuvered it through the house and set it where they wanted it.

Comment

Thanks for the info Capt

Comment

i did. I picked it up myself.

They dont help you put it into your house, they give you a business card to a 3rd party mover that will move it for the low low cost of $250 (depending on the weight of the safe)

Comment

Working...
              X