No announcement yet.

Reloaders.....243 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that hornady bullets tend to work well and accurate. If you keep brass that has been fire formed for each rifle seperate and then only neck size the brass, you can squeeze out a little more accuraccy and the brass will last longer. Also note that the hotter the load the faster brass will wear out and fail.
    here is some links to more specific info for ya.

I have the worst luck using the search feature, I find everything but what I am looking for. As I have of less than a box each of these bullets, just looking for a good deer/antelope load. TIA Deans

Comment

Loved Varget in my .243

Comment

I use Varget

Comment

Scatter charts show that most good loads for 95 gr bullets in .243 are between 2950 FPS and 3100 FPS. That should give you an idea whichever powder you use.

Comment

Thanks fellas, looks like I'll be using the powders I have, going to start with Varget and if that don't work, I'll try the 4831sc. Surely i can come up with a decent load.

Comment

My tikka loves 42 grains of reloader 22 with a 100 gr interlock. This is close to a max
              Load so I would back off two grains and work up keeping an eye out for pressure signs. Have never seen any in my loads in outside temps from 101 on down

Comment

IMR 4350, 4895 and Varget are my favorite for 243. I have gone to Varget for most of my rifle loading these days since I can use it in just about everything from 223 to 308. I was always loading the 60-85gr bullets for varmints in mine. Haven't loaded anything in the 95-100gr range.

Comment

Working...
                X