Rebarreling a remington 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebarreling a remington 700

I am looking at putting a new barrel on my 700 in 30-06 any suggestions on length or brand I might also put a new stock on it as well so any suggestions in that area would be nice also I have a smith to install and blueprint the action while I'm at it

Brux barrells 26"

Comment

There are a lot of good barrels out there to choose from. I would get with a smith and talk to him about what your wanting to do. Pete At precision gun works in Hempstead, tx does great work he also has a website just google precision gun works and it will come up.

Comment

Pete is a great smith.

PM Cajun Blake. He helped me a TON. He was great thru the whole process.
        I went with a 26" Lilja 3 groove barrel for my .260 Rem build last year.
        Shillen,Hart, Douglas, Bartlein, and Pac Nor are some other good brands.

Comment

send it to PacNor and have them install a 1:10" polygonal rifling barrel, 24" finished length with a Varmint/Sendero taper

total will be $610 which will include super match grade Stainless barrel, action trued , installed and ready to roll

then find a PSS stock, or a HS Precision Sendero take off, Bell & Carlson, etc ... and drop it in and shoot

see how it shoots. you can skim bed it later if you want to squeeze more accuracy out of set up

Comment

im struggling rebarreling a 700ADL or getting a savage 110 and rebarreling it myself. i want a 260rem but i cant decide which way to go. the 700 came from my dad, but i will never shoot it in 243.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
              im struggling rebarreling a 700ADL or getting a savage 110 and rebarreling it myself. i want a 260rem but i cant decide which way to go. the 700 came from my dad, but i will never shoot it in 243.
              This is exactly what I did. Went with a Lilja 3 groove in a .260

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                Keep dads gun original, even if it is a safe ornament. Just my .02

btw- I have two Lilja 3 groove bbls and boy howdy, do they shoot better than I can shoot them!
                Last edited by oneforthewall; 01-18-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

There are a number of good barrels out there. Probably can't go wrong with any of the big names like Lilja, Shilen, etc. That said I have had several rifle built with Douglas barrels now and they have all been very accurate.

Comment

Another vote for Lilja. I put a 3-groove into a 257 wby build. It is a lazer.

Comment

Working...
                    X