Shotty Stock Fit questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotty Stock Fit questions.

I have an old Military issue Remington Model 11 hump back 12 ga.

I've had this shotgun since I was a kid, and I love it.

I've replaced the stocks on it 3 times over the years, because they split after a while due to the recoil. From what I have read, this is a common issue with them.

I am looking for a Bell and Carlson Carbelite Classic 2-Piece Stock Browning A-5 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Synthetic. I know this stock can be easily modified to fit the Remington.

Problem is - all I can find is the 3" models, which leads to my questions.

What is the difference between the 2-3/4" model stocks, and the 3" model stocks?

Can the 3" models be modified to work without a lot of trouble, or at all?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

No one ?

I figured the firearm gurus around here would be all over this one.

I need to get this old shotty back into action, but no way I am going to waste money on another set of wood stocks.

Rick

Comment

My first thought would be maybe that the magazine tubes are possibly a little longer. But idk. I've only ever messed with the 2-3/4 ones not 3 inch in the model 11s and A5s

Comment

call the manufacturer and see what they recommend

Comment

Well, from what I am reading other places - the fore stock is the same on both, and the butt stock is where the difference is.

The butt stock for the 3" has a deeper bore to receive the bolt return spring & housing, due to the longer action.

Sounds like the 3" stocks will work on the 2-3/4" action, but the 2-3/4" stocks won't work on a 3" action without some modification (I.E bore the hole a little deeper).

Anyways, I think I am good to go with either stock set I find, which right now is the 3".

Thanks guys.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Well, from what I am reading other places - the fore stock is the same on both, and the butt stock is where the difference is.

The butt stock for the 3" has a deeper bore to receive the bolt return spring & housing, due to the longer action.

Sounds like the 3" stocks will work on the 2-3/4" action, but the 2-3/4" stocks won't work on a 3" action without some modification (I.E bore the hole a little deeper).

Anyways, I think I am good to go with either stock set I find, which right now is the 3".

Thanks guys.

Rick

Makes sense glad you got it figured out! Wouldn't even thinkin about a difference I'm the buttstocks I just figured the 3inch would have a stiffer spring.

Comment

Working...
            X