concealed carry for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concealed carry for wife

My wife is wanting to get a CHL. Which springfield xd do you suggest? I know the XDS is small but I think it only comes in .45 which I am scared it may be too much for her? Thoughts...

Let her coon finger a bunch of different guns until she finds one she likes and fits her hand, which is the MOST important criteria. Caliber is open to debate but for ME, I'd suggest a 9mm for her. Light kick and is more than adequate with the right loads. She may pick a revolver in .38 and that would be fine too. No safety to fumble with and KISS is always a thing. Good luck on the search!

Comment

FYI - I understand the XDs 9mm was on display at SHOT - per another TBH'er.

You may want to do a few searches on it.

I own the XDs 45, just got my extended mag's in the mail last night, that will help with my hand size but may not be an issue for your wife. Don't know if she would enjoy shooting a small framed 45...

Comment

would the sig sauer p238 be a better choice?

Comment

What about a .308

Comment

concealed carry for wife

They are saying the XDs 9 will be available in March.

Comment

Why an XD?

I took my wife to about 3 of the big stores and let her play with them all. She chose a stainless ported 357mag. She shoots it with 38s. All she has to do is keep pulling the trigger. No jamming.

She did take the class with a SA just in case she wants to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                That is what mine carries. The safety is a little hard for her to release but otherwise it is a top line gun. Daughter carries a double action S&W bodyguard that also has a safety. Good gun but does have a long trigger pull.

Comment

concealed carry for wife

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                  Absolutely. Sig p238 HD and less hand fatigue when shooting bulk compared to LCP.

Comment

Wife and I are looking at the 9mm Beretta Nano. I am liking the size. I am also looking at the Walther PPS 9mm. Have you looked at the Nano yet? I found it at $410. She hasn't gone to the shop to "feel" it yet so I don't know if she will like it or not.

Comment

Wife is carrying a Walther PPS .40 cal as well as a S&W bodyguard .38 special revolver
                      Xd's are great guns though

Comment

My GF has several and her favorite is her S&W Bodyguard .380. She likes the manual safety. The laser is cheating but in a gun fight, the end justifies the means. The Bersa .380 is her second favorite because the weight keeps recoil down - but it is heavy to carry.

Comment

took my wife 3 or 4 years ago......held everything and the one she like best was the S&W M&P 9c. I'm not gonna lie, I probably carry it more than she does. 13 rounds of +P 9mm will put a hurtin' on somebody

Comment

BTW - She doesn't like the way the P238 fits her hands and I love it.

Comment

Most ranges have rent guns, take some ammo and go shoot a bunch of them. Springfield makes great guns, my only complaint about the XD line is the bulk through the slide and trigger guard. Sig 238 and Walther PPKS are great 380's and slim. I carry a 238 in the summer so don't buy the hype abput a 380 not being effective, they beat a pistol that got left in the car because it is too big! My wife settled on a hammered 2" 38 special, it can be shot single or double action. Bottom line, there is not one right answer. Go shoot and as said above, let her pick the one that fits and recoil is manageable on.
                              Last edited by oneforthewall; 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X