Found a twin today.. Browning BBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up hunting with a .270 Browning BBR with a Leupold VX3 (top pic). My uncle let me hunt with it for years until I left to join the military. Well in 2007 he passed away, my aunt left me his gun collection. I can only get 1 a year until she passes away (no hurry here). But the story is my uncle and his brother always bought matching guns and I thought that was pretty cool. My uncle use to have a BBR in 7mag but it went missing a few years back. I have been looking for another matching BBR and found one on TGT. It was listed at over $900 back in Nov. Seen it up there yesterday for $500 and picked it up today for $475.00. It has a brand new Leupold VXI on it an the gun is over 95% in good condition. It is a 7mag and looks great (lower in pic).

Re: Found a twin today.. Browning BBR

Guns a slighty different but work for me. The BBR is a rare gun to find these days. From my understanding they quit making them due to the cost. It was cheaper to make the A-bolts to keep up with the other big names.

Made from 1978-1984
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JP8; 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Thats a nice find!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I like the idea of brothers buying matching rifles. I'll have to talk to my bro now. Congrats on the find especially at that price.

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah they did it with over 20 guns. They owned a seafood company and usually didn't get their lump payments until the end of the summer. They would go buy one before every season. Let's just say I have a nice amount of guns left to me.

I wish all my brothers hunted I would try to do something like this. We are all in the military (5 of us) so maybe there is something else we can.

Comment

Got around to looking up dates. The 7mag was built in 1978 and my .270 I had was built in 1983. I am the second owner per my aunt.

Comment

Great buy. Congrats!!

Comment

Those are mighty fine looking rifles. Congrats, although I'm sure you'd rather acquire the .270 in a different manner. Been there, done that.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I hate that he passed. I killed my first 8 pt. with that .270

Comment

Anyone here reload 7mag? Looking for a good hunting load.

Comment

Nice find

Comment

Both awesome rifles, congrats.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Great story and i'm glad you found the 2nd one

Comment

Working...
                              X