Firearm Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firearm Insurance

Recently did an inventory of the "armory". Had no idea I had that many pistols, shotguns, rifles, and bows! On reasonable bluebook estimates it adds up to a lot more than I ever would have thought. One in particular my Dad left me is on the way pricey side.

So I'm looking at insurance.

Anybody had experience with Firearm insurance?

When you close that safe door, and they are in there unsupervised……….

Comment

I'll take my chances. Ain't no way I'm giving ANYONE a list of my guns/serial numbers! Over the years, I've attempted to get insurance coverage and the first thing they always asl for is a list with detials... Ain't happening.

Comment

Mike D mentioned a company that just asks for a total amount you want covered...I never did follow up

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I'll take my chances. Ain't no way I'm giving ANYONE a list of my guns/serial numbers! Over the years, I've attempted to get insurance coverage and the first thing they always asl for is a list with detials... Ain't happening.
          Yer lookin in the wrong places Charlie. Eastern Insurance is who I normally use. They recently merged with another entity. My renewal is coming up. Will be interested to see if there are any changes.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

Eastern insurance has a firearms policy. Just give them
            the amount you want coverage on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yer lookin in the wrong places Charlie. Eastern Insurance is who I normally use. They recently merged with another entity. My renewal is coming up. Will be interested to see if there are any changes.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...watch-out-for/
              Mike, please keep us posted how your renewal coverage goes!

Comment

I have mine through the NRA, no serial numbers needed.

Comment

I have all of mine insured through Chubb on a separate itemized policy. Mainly would cover theft because my homeowners policy would cover them due to fire, flood, etc.

My agent basically said anything worth under $2,000 would not be worth insuring with the deductible etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I have mine through the NRA, no serial numbers needed.
                    Do your homework on the NRA Insurance. They used to have very unfavorable reviews. That’s why I didn’t use them when I got my policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampasas View Post
                      I have all of mine insured through Chubb on a separate itemized policy. Mainly would cover theft because my homeowners policy would cover them due to fire, flood, etc.

My agent basically said anything worth under $2,000 would not be worth insuring with the deductible etc.
                      What homeowner’s insurance do you have? Most of them have very limited coverage on firearms.

Comment

I have Chubb for home insurance also. My personal property limit covers all of them.

Comment

You should verify that your Homeowners policy does not have a coverage limitation (as low as $2000 total on all firearms) as this has become pretty standard.

I think that most insurers offer increased limits (maybe $10,000) with no need to provide an inventory or serial numbers.

Comment

ive had firearms or valuable personal property riders with both USAA and now Safeco

Comment

As someone who had dealt with homeowners on a personal level and along with my brother during house fires........never trust your homeowners on major losses and wanting replacement values on anything but the home itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X