Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Trust Guru fill-in-the-blank trust versus Jim Willi personalized trust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Trust Guru fill-in-the-blank trust versus Jim Willi personalized trust?

What are the advantages of going to Mr. Willi for a custom trust over the boiler plate version on Gun Trust Guru, other than talking to the attorney about it? Are there useful provisions that can be included in a gun trust that the boiler plate version doesn't have in it?

The Jim Willi trusts are great! Straightforward and has everything you need to make changes if needed. Also if you have any questions or concerns he's quick to answer and provides great customer service!

I don't know what the other one has or doesn't have, but the Willi trust will have everything you need.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
      The Jim Willi trusts are great! Straightforward and has everything you need to make changes if needed. Also if you have any questions or concerns he's quick to answer and provides great customer service!

I don't know what the other one has or doesn't have, but the Willi trust will have everything you need.

Jason Slocum
      Jim Willi wrote the Gun Trust Guru trust as well. It's the same trust he uses. I assume that by working with him directly, you would be able to customize a few things though. I just don't know what I'd want or need to customize beyond his standard gun trust on Gun Trust Guru. It's not a huge amount of money difference ($300 to use him, $80 for the GTG). I'm just wondering if it would be worth it to spend another $220, or if the GTG trust is all I need.

Comment

I'd just call Willi and see what he recommends, if he wrote both. He'll steer you in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
          I'd just call Willi and see what he recommends, if he wrote both. He'll steer you in the right direction!
          I'm sure he would. I just hated to waste his time if the standard trust is all I need.

Comment

Just did my trust with Jim Willi last week. Went for the $300. I feel it is money well spent considering the consequences if you get it wrong.

Comment

I am going with Jim in the next week. I have one from a Houston Attorney but it is hot garbage. Have heard thru the NRA & Texas State Rifle Assoc folks that he is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

I'm sure he would. I just hated to waste his time if the standard trust is all I need.
                I think he enjoys it. I talked to him twice and couldn't get him off the phone no matter how hard I tried lol. There are absolutely advantages. I'm cheap but the extra you pay is worth it and he'll pickup the phone if you ever have any questions. His trust is fantastic and has a ton of extra provisions for what-ifs since he's an estate planning attorney. Random things us normal guys don't think of like auto triggers to add someone to the trust if you die.

Comment

I think one main difference is they will provide legal help if the ATF ever has issues with the $300 trust. With the way things are going with the ATF lately, it's relatively cheap insurance to know that your trust was prepared correctly and reviewed by actual lawyers. I have the $300 trust by WIlli and feel it was well worth it and like everyone else says, his service is top notch.

Comment

Working...
                  X