Custom AR-15 Gunsmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom AR-15 Gunsmith

Is there a “go-to” gunsmith for building custom AR-15s? I have a matched Radian upper and lower and am interested in building a 6mm ARC. I’m willing to spend the money on a top end cut rifled barrel, BCG, trigger, etc. I understand they’re not all that hard to put together, but I’ve never done it and I want this to be a precision rifle. I would probably booger it up and ruin something. Any leads are appreciated!

What is your location?

Comment

It is very easy. You could easily do it after watching a few YouTubes. I have made several and they all are tack drivers.

Comment

It’s not rocket surgery but there are proper armoring tools that would need to be purchased and the quality ones aren’t cheap . It may be less expensive for some one to build it that is already equipped and has the time and patience and let’s not forget the Know How

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
          What is your location?
          I'm always back and forth from Stephenville to Dallas to Yantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            It’s not rocket surgery but there are proper armoring tools that would need to be purchased and the quality ones aren’t cheap . It may be less expensive for some one to build it that is already equipped and has the time and patience and let’s not forget the Know How
            This is what I was thinking.

Comment

Lone Star Armory

Comment

Sgt of Arms in Crowley is my go to. They have a FB page and put out some accurate and solid AR. Got 2 from them.

Comment

Check out Eric Lee and his shop called Sgt In Arms. He goes by TexasBound on here. He specializes in highly accurate, long range precision AR’s and has done a lot of work with the 6mm Arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    Check out Eric Lee and his shop called Sgt In Arms. He goes by TexasBound on here. He specializes in highly accurate, long range precision AR’s and has done a lot of work with the 6mm Arc.
                    It’s Sgt of Arms. But yes Eric Lee knows his stuff and their guns are legit!!

Comment

Compass Lake Engineering. I had a 224 Valkyrie w/ a 24 inch Bartlein upper built by them last year. It’s a .3” gun. If anyone expects more than that out of an AR15, I think they’re expecting too much. You’ll see their name most of the time when you research custom AR15 uppers. They’re out of Florida. I would absolutely use them again for a custom upper.

Comment

I appreciate all of the leads. Unfortunately, Compass Lake isn’t dealing with the public any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                          I appreciate all of the leads. Unfortunately, Compass Lake isn’t dealing with the public any longer.
                          Not dealing with the public any longer?

Comment

Working...
                          X