Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor

Kicking around the idea of getting a suppressor for my 6.5 and ar. The only reason Iv delayed it is due to I hate waiting around for something(I know kinda dumb) and I don’t know what to buy and spend. Don’t want to spend a lot since I don’t shoot too much, to throw big $$$ at something that’s not gonna get used often.

But anyway Iv been reading about something happed with the atf and the wait times are very low. Anyone hearing anything about this..

Yes, some ilks are seeing very short wait times. It’s still luck of the draw, and you may end up with a 6+ month wait. I just put my form 4 in today for one, we shall see if I’m a lucky one or not. Like I told all my buddies who waited and waited…. You won’t do yourself any favors by putting it off longer. Just go ahead and start the wait.

If your rifles are industry standard, you will need 5/8x24 threads for the 6.5cm and 1/2x28 for the AR(assuming it’s a 5.56/223). My suggestion, find a 30cal can that is either quick detach and has different thread size muzzle devices, or make sure it’s one of the newer style cans that take the “industry standard hub” and you can swap out the rear end cap for whatever thread pattern you need and can make it QD or direct thread.

Something like the YHM Resonator R2 isn’t too expensive, reviews say it’s a good performer, and uses the hub system so you can choose between direct thread or QD. Downside, like a lot of suppressors right now, it’s out of stock on the two websites I checked for it.

<p><span style="font-size: medium;"><strong>QUIET, LIGHTWEIGHT, COST-EFFECTIVE</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-size: medium;">The Resonator R2 is an updated version of YHM's best-selling Resonator.&nbsp; Originally designed to provide the shoote

Comment

Still waiting on mine, it’s been 14 months

Comment

The ultra short wait times are specifically for individual applications. Trust purchases aren’t as quick.

due to the sub 1 week approval times there aren’t many suppressors in stock at all.

Comment

Mine was put in last August and it took 6m 1d to approve my hybrid46

Comment

Buy one today and save money for the next tomorrow. You cant have just one

Comment

I have several cans and am trying to find 2 Diligent Defense cans right now. I cannot find them in stock, but they seem to be the best value .30 cal can IMO according to my research and some of the people I have talked to. Their Titanium cans run around 700$ and at one point was the quietest can on the market according to pew science. I have a standard form 4 trust, but if I had to do it again and if I can get ahold of those cans tomorrow, I will be doing a single shot trust through silencer shop. I have heard from several gun stores that they are starting to see the same type of wait times for single shot trusts as individuals. Any suppressor you can get is better than no suppressor and right now is definitely the time to submit if possible.
              Last edited by Texas Made; 04-03-2024, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I've been looking into them and all very confusing to me.....haven't gotten serious but about to and I'm just going to have 1 can to swap around on rifles, all .308 and .223 so .30 cal suppressor......which suppressor, trust, single, etc.......I wish the government would just get out of the way but we know that want to squeeze gun owners any way possible.......

Comment

I like my Sig QD and an extra adapter is certainly cheaper than two suppressors. Splurge for titanium too if you can.

Comment

Working...
                  X