257 Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

257 Roberts

I know a guy that bought a 257 Roberts (I don't even know what that is) but he can't find ammo for it. Anyone know where to get some?

It is high dollar.

Comment

One of the older cartridges. I don’t even think anybody chambers for that round in the newer rifles. Decent deer round, but eclipsed by the 25/06. As Jeff said, ammoseek is his best bet, and be prepared for sticker shock.

Comment

I think I may have some boxes of that ammo in the garage. I’ll take a look and I’ll let you know.

Comment

They still make ammo, but its seasonal. When you see it hit shelves better buy multiple boxes to cover your shooting for the year. Once their seasonal run is sold out its gone until next year. Best to reload for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I know a guy that bought a 257 Roberts (I don't even know what that is) but he can't find ammo for it. Anyone know where to get some?
            This is one of the many reasons why I load my own stuff. Either you can't find it, it costs your first born child, or it just doesn't shoot good in my rifle. I wish I could help him out, but I haven't seen any 257 Roberts ammo on the shelves in years. I did see some at a gun show about 3 years ago and they wanted over $80/box.

Comment

May holler at Dallas custom reloads

Comment

Finding ammo for the Bob in stores will be a wild goose chase. Probably won’t see it. Online is your only real option, and like was posted, use ammo seek and just pay the price. They don’t make a lot, and when it’s a caliber you don’t sell much of… it’s expensive. Still not TERRIBLE, but not $30 a box either. Like the others said, no one even chambers rifles for it anymore, I think Kimber was the last to hold on but they finally dropped it too. Great whitetail caliber though.

Most who shoot it reload for it. Make sure he saves all brass he fires. He may not reload now, but in 10 years he may. I’d buy a couple boxes of different offerings, see which it likes best and go buy a couple boxes of that.

Comment

Double tap ammo offers three loads for the roberts, but like has been mentioned already they’re seasonal.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    if he decides to get rid of the rifle, PM me I'd like to have another depending on details

Comment

Working...
                    X