Ruger American 22lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American 22lr

How are these 22's for accuracy and function? Trying to decide if I should upgrade my 10-22 for target shooting or buy a bolt?

I've not shot one personally, but I've heard nice things about them.

Comment

They are pretty decent. Mine sits in the corner by the bathroom (with a Specter II) on it for Sparrow control. This time of the year, I remove the screen from the bathroom window to keep the sparrows off of the Martin house. I did change out the trigger spring to lighten it up a little bit.

Comment

i have one and the 22mag also i think there great well made guns as far as the accuracy i`m pleased with them ,they give my marlins a run for there money though.

Comment

My 10-22 with a Green Mountain fluted barrel is a tack driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
            My 10-22 with a Green Mountain fluted barrel is a tack driver.
            I have looked at those barrels. How does it balance? Showed 3.2lbs for those barrels. Afraid it would be front heavy?

Comment

I had a Ruger American 22lr with a wood stock. I sold it and bought a Tikka T1x, it is twice as accurate as the Ruger was.

Comment

I’ve sighted in my dad’s Ruger American in .17 hmr that is stupid accurate. BSA Sweet .17 scope. Freehand I was shooting thistle stems. Literally, point and click accuracy. One of the most fun guns I’ve shot. Prairie dog machine.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post

I have looked at those barrels. How does it balance? Showed 3.2lbs for those barrels. Afraid it would be front heavy?
                  Mine has a wood stock and I have not noticed anything that I would consider as a balance issue.
                  Shooting off-hand with a scope has not been an issue.

Comment

I have a ruger precision 22lr that shoots on par with higher end 22’s I have. I believe that’s a ruger American action. Only other American I can compare to are 22mags but they are not shooting like the 22lr at all.

Comment

I have a 10/22 in a Magpul stock with an FJ Fedderson barrel. It’s pretty dang accurate with CCI standard velocity ammo. I enjoy it.

When it comes to the bolt gun, I got it because it is comically quiet with the suppressor on. Mine is a Savage B22 FV-SR though, but it’s also very accurate.

Brother in law has a Ruger American 22lr that was gifted to my nephew. I’ve only been around to shoot it once, but accuracy was acceptable. The scope that is on it is horrendous though, and I believe with some better ammo(he was shooting Remington golden bullet) and a better scope it would be of acceptable accuracy or maybe even very accurate. We are currently trying to figure out if we can get the barrel threaded so he can put his newly acquired suppressor on there. Note that apparently the barrels on them are a press fit and difficult if not impossible to remove. So if you think you might get a suppressor, get a threaded barrel offering.

Comment

Working...
                      X