Gun values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun values

I have 45 guns that I need rough values placed on. Our uncle passed away and the family wants to distribute to his 4 brothers and sisters. None are being sold but they want rough values to keep things fair.

Anyone here want to help? I tried to use Google but I've never been good at valuing guns and lots are pistols I know nothing about.

What all do we have?

Comment

Just out of curiosity I want to ask for a list of what it is, but also someone may be able to give value on some of we knew what they were.

Comment

It's 45 random gun. Pistols, 22 long rifles, 22 pistols, 30/30's etc
        Here are a couple ones I have no clue on.

S&W 44/40 commemorative 1986​ revolver
        S&W Model 624 AHB 5491​ 44 special
        Springfield Armory​ Model 1903; 861819​
        Ruger set Redhawk 44 mag Police Marksman Assoc limited Edition​

Comment

I use gunbroker—not the active ads but the closed ones that actually sold.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            I use gunbroker—not the active ads but the closed ones that actually sold.

Sold data on GB would be my way to complete this exercise and be done with it

Comment

Comment

I have an old Blue Book of Gun Values you can have, would probably be the easiest to use and everyone could look at it together.

Comment

Maybe I'm not doing it right but on GB the sold data sucks. At least on the two I tried looking up.

Savage model 330 O/U I get pretty much nothing.
                  S&W model 624 44 special I get a couple but none that had actual bids (more than 1)

Comment

That is why I mentioned the blue book, GB is not the best place to get gun values. I have to remind people that are trying to sell me gun that they need to remove the broker fees from the GB sold prices, a 900.00 rifle loses about 50.00 in fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      That is why I mentioned the blue book, GB is not the best place to get gun values. I have to remind people that are trying to sell me gun that they need to remove the broker fees from the GB sold prices, a 900.00 rifle loses about 50.00 in fees.
                      I'd just be happy to get a simple range. Like gun "x" is worth $800-$950

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I'd just be happy to get a simple range. Like gun "x" is worth $800-$950
                        Pm me your address and I can send you this old blue book.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          What he said ^^^

TGV will give you current value and prices of items sold

my advice, search each firearm and print the results. Perhaps save in a spreadsheet to email other family members

Comment

TGV is great asa long as it is a fairly popular firearm. More rare ones will have little to no data.. Sold values on gunbroker are a decent go by as long as you are really looking at the sold not the auction ended. Using both sources and good judgement wins in my opinion.

Comment

Reach out to collectors firearms in Houston.

They might be able to tell you if you email them some photos and the details.

Comment

Working...
                              X