22 Creedmoor Gun Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 Creedmoor Gun Build

Looking for options for a 22 creed gun build without breaking the bank. I know fierce and horizon offer 22 creedmoor models, but is their anyone else out there building 22 creedmoor rifles while still staying in that same price range? Also curious on personal experiences with fierce and horizon.
    Last edited by Texas Made; 03-18-2024, 12:47 PM.

Hit up Johnny at Crimson Accuracy. He’s cheaper than Horizon. And is my recommendation over them anyway. Great work and great dude.

Comment

I have a Vandel X from Horizon, it's a sweet shooter! I'm shooting the factory 80 gr. eld-m and eld-x, about to start loading for it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Hit up Johnny at Crimson Accuracy. He’s cheaper than Horizon. And is my recommendation over them anyway. Great work and great dude.
        x2

Comment

Twisted Precision built mine and I highly recommend.

Comment

I have one built by Horizon. It’s a well built gun for the price. I’d definitely buy another.

Comment

I put a Preferred barrel on a Ruger American 6.5CM I had and shoots outstanding. About $800 all in with Preferred installing the barrel. I’ve been shooting the TX Ammo 80gr ELD-m but going to work up a load for a 68gr Hammer bullet.

Comment

X3 - I’ve got 2 custom rifles and he built one of them last year. I’ll only be using him going forward

Comment

Easiest / cheapest route would probably be find a 1/8 twist tikka t3x lite in 22-250… have it rechambered to 22Cm. Kampfeld customs in Idaho was gonna charge $320 to turn a tikka 22-250 into a CM. That included chopping the barrel and threading

Comment

Johnny has built 8 for me and had to rework a rifle built by a well known Texas rifle builder as well. WTO builds a very nice rifle, Clayton has built 3 for me including a switchlug . I have never owned a Horizon rifle, but have never heard bad things about them. I know they bought out Stiller a few years ago.

Comment

X4 for Johnny … he has also built me several rifles

Comment

Have you ever thought about putting one together yourself? For example on the major parts….Zermatt Origin action $900, Shilen or Criterion shouldered prefit barrels $400-$600 (Most folks can or figure out how to install a prefit themselves. Both of these are button rifled but for most of us we don’t need Bartlein, Krieger, etc), and Grayboe stock $450ish (can get a chassis for less). As far as I know, the more economical builders listed above might be as cheap. I’m just giving another option.

Comment

Working...
                        X