Weatherby Vanguard .240 Wby Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherby Vanguard .240 Wby Mag

Well I had a post asking about .30-06 or .270 but ended up with neither and ordered a .240 Weatherby instead.
    I also ordered Talley mounts, 3-12 Leupold vx-Freedom with the hunter reticle and a case of 100 grain SP’s. I need to get dies also.
    It too was a caliber I wanted someday.

Laser!
    post pics when you get get set up.

Comment

Nice! My dad shoots a 240. It shoots factory ammo pretty well and LOVES 85gr Sierra Gameking HPBT or 80gr Barnes TSX handloads.
      Last edited by Chase4556; 03-18-2024, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I will try to post some pictures when it’s setup. I need to definitely get dies. Figured if the interlocks don’t shoot good I can pull bullets and load something else. I also plan on buying a couple boxes of the 80 grain ttsx’s.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
          I will try to post some pictures when it’s setup. I need to definitely get dies. Figured if the interlocks don’t shoot good I can pull bullets and load something else. I also plan on buying a couple boxes of the 80 grain ttsx’s.
          I believe it’s the 100gr Interlock factory ammo that he shot for years. It did fine with them. His is a MkV Deluxe that my grandfather had(brand new sitting in a case).

Thing kills deer like you hit them with a lightning bolt.

Comment

Some of the older Mark V’s are beautiful. I have some of the Japanese made rifles that just look stunning. I came close to getting one that for some reason had a 26” barrel and custom case. Man that was a sharp rifle. One of these days I will get one of the Deluxe models.

Comment

I think they are making 72grn hammers now. I bet they would be like lighting. I was shooting 100grn partitions in my mark v. Shot well and hit hard. But I don’t think weatherby is using nosler anymore.

Comment

I saw some loaded Weatherby ammo with the 100 grain Partitions but didn’t act on it fast enough. I saw some bullets and was going to buy some when I bought the barnes. They were not cheap that’s for sure.

Comment

Ammo, scope, rings and dies came today. Rifle is here just have to wait until my day off to get it.

Comment

Bullets come in tomorrow.

Comment

Picked the rifle up today!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	26753987 new rifle

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	26753991 excuse the messy bench

Comment

Couldn’t tell the difference between it and a .243 recoil wise

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X