Bulk .223 soft point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk .223 soft point?

Anyone have a reasonable source. Seems like everything is FMJ when talking bulk.

thanks in advance.

Me and a friend started buy from 2A a few years back. Always good ammo. Picked up a few 300.round lots for .36 -.42 cents per round.

Your premier online destination for ALL of your 2A needs!

Edit sorry I overlooked the SP. They were FMJ.

Comment

Comment

Lol, guess I should have specified, loaded complete cartridge, not just the bullet.

Also, doesn’t have to include just soft point. Looking for a “hunting” round, no FMJ’s or hollow points.
        Last edited by Greenheadless; 03-12-2024, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Lol, guess I should have specified, loaded complete cartridge, not just the bullet.

Also, doesn’t have to include just soft point. Looking for a “hunting” round, no FMJ’s or hollow points.
          My bad, I thought you were loading ammo.

Comment

Last I checked, target sports and SGammo both have 55gr Gold dot and 62gr fusion

Comment

This listing is for 200rd X5 total of 1000-rd Remanufactured .223 Soft point Ammo, for Hunting and Defense purposes, iwith reinforced tape. ships fast in 1~2 business days

Each battle pack is 200rd, with a heavy-duty plastic bag that ensures you pack a punch during the hunt

This ammo is proudly made in Pennsylvania, Our reman .223 Remington cartridges featured Hornady 5.56 55gr Soft point projectiles for the best Hunting & Defense 223 rounds.

You won’t be disappointed in the quality of this Hornady bullet for the price you pay! the picture you see is the ACTUAL condition of the ammo. as shiny as it is.

SPECS and components:
              Cartridge: .223 Remington, 
              Projectile: Hornady Varmint 55 Grain Soft point, part number: 2266

Brass: Shiny once fired Capital cartridge brass, spec and processed to ensure smooth loading and reliable firing
              Powder & FPS: loaded with a slightly lighter load of 22gr Hodgdon H335 to increase the safety & reduce recoil for target shooting

with muzzle velocity of 2900 FPS (approx.) out of a 20inch barrel

Detailed Spec:  223 rem OVL is 2.125 minimum, 2.260 maximum. and our OVL landed in a beautiful middle point of 2.219 +- 0.003 to ensure maximum accuacy and reliability.

(Mixed Headstamps)

The actual amount for Each battle pack is 203~205 rd, we include an extra couple of rounds to reimburse potential dent & ding & blemish looking rounds that rarely appear, we do our best to catch defective rounds with human eyes but sometimes the ammo got dinged up during the transit, so you will receive an extra couple rounds for free.

according to ammoseek this is the cheapest soft point offering out there. I load the same Hoarnday 55gr soft point for my bulk 223.

Second cheapest option. Have a buddy that has shot a good bit of freedom ammo, no issues.

Remanufactured 223 60 gr PSP. Freedom 223 60 gr Pointed Soft Point (PSP) bullets combine the expansion of a traditional soft point bullet with the long-range performance of a spitzer-shaped bullet.

Comment

Wolf used to make 55 sp bulk ammo in steel cases but have not seen it (or looked for it) in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Wolf used to make 55 sp bulk ammo in steel cases but have not seen it (or looked for it) in a long time.
                  That and the bear brand. Black bear? Grizzly bear. Something like that. It was pretty decent ammo and CHEAP.

Comment

I’d look at the AAC ammo by palmetto state. They’ve got 75gr bthp that’s pretty cheap. Also have the black Sabre ammo that’s cheap

Comment

https://dallasreloads.com/product-category/rifle-ammo/223/
                      https://dallasreloads.com/product/69-grain-sierra-match-king/
                      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-15-2024, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks, for those who posted leads, have any of you had first hand experience with them?

I will probably shy away from steel case.

Comment

Give these folks a look. I was able to buy my favorite 30/30 and 25-06 for the cheapest price around. Hope they can help you.
                          Foundry Outdoors - Deals on Hunting & Archery Gear, Bulk Ammo, and Cheap Ammo. Best deals on Ammunition, Archery and Hunting Gear.

Comment

years ago we did a bulk deal of 55grn soft points from ables. BUT, I think we did like 10,000 rounds and split it up in 1000 round lots to the group. Lake city brass and I im sure of the exact bullet. Im still shooting it out of my shorty

Comment

I’ve had good luck with the Prvi PPU 55gr SP.

Comment

Working...
                              X