6mm sst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm sst

Anybody shot 95gr sst's in their 243. Thinking about trying some for my grandkids.

I used it in my 6mm years ago. My 3 longest shots on deer were with that bullet.

Comment

What about bullet performance on deer?

Comment

I can't remember if I had through and through because a 10 pt at 298 yds dropped in his tracks as well as a yearling doe at 374 and a buck at 384. All in the middle of an oat field. Didn't have to track any of them. Shot several closer that went through but don't think I had to track any.

Comment

That's what I like to here. 123's out of my grendel drops them right there. Guess I'll have to by some 6mm's

Comment

I've tried working up loads in a Remington Mohawk and Ruger American with no luck. I did have success with a Ruger M77 though, running close to 3000fps. Good results on deer. If your open to suggestions i'd also look at the Nosler 90gn BT, Barnes 85gn TSX and Barnes 80gn TTSX

I've had the best performance with the Barnes bullets
            Last edited by mkk; 02-25-2024, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I've been shooting hornady interlocks 100gr for many years and never lost a deer just no drt's. And the one my grandson shot last year ran about 30yds with not a single drop of blood. Slight angle into the shoulder and out the opposite ribs but no blood trail. Glad he didn't run far.

Comment

SST in general is pretty fragile and will expand violently, this leads to many bang flop when a good shot is made but also makes a pass through or great blood trail un-likely in the event the deer doesn't drop

Comment

Working...
                X