Form 1can rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1can rebuild?

Last edited by Witchgrass; 02-01-2024, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Or, just start back at square 1?

Comment

I would say you’re going to have to start over. Even though the serial number is preserved, you’d have to weld the length of the can. Considering it didn’t survive previously I wouldn’t trust a rebuild.

Comment

Just start over with a commercial can. Your Serial Number is still intact, but not sure what the legality is with the model being damaged. Even if it could legally be done, you’d probably have to get a whole other tube and weld the serialized portion of your existing tube to the new one. Certainly not ideal in any way. You’ll be way better off just starting fresh. Even the lower end commercial cans are going to outperform 99% of the Form 1 cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            Just start over with a commercial can. Your Serial Number is still intact, but not sure what the legality is with the model being damaged. Even if it could legally be done, you’d probably have to get a whole other tube and weld the serialized portion of your existing tube to the new one. Certainly not ideal in any way. You’ll be way better off just starting fresh. Even the lower end commercial cans are going to outperform 99% of the Form 1 cans.
            Im going to guess you havent shot a lot of well built F1 cans. Cans arent magic. Good tubes and baffles with proper spacing is good tubes baffles with proper spacing. And you dont have to wait a year to get one if you have the ability to build your own.
            Legally, id think you would need a new F1 since the tube is shot. You can not legally re-core a F1 with new baffles, only and SOT is allowed to do that. So i would not recommend getting a replacement tube and putting the same info that is on the destroyed one, and putting baffles into it as that would be illegal.
            Any idea what caused the tube to split like that?

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post

Im going to guess you havent shot a lot of well built F1 cans. Cans arent magic. Good tubes and baffles with proper spacing is good tubes baffles with proper spacing. And you dont have to wait a year to get one if you have the ability to build your own.
              Legally, id think you would need a new F1 since the tube is shot. You can not legally re-core a F1 with new baffles, only and SOT is allowed to do that. So i would not recommend getting a replacement tube and putting the same info that is on the destroyed one, and putting baffles into it as that would be illegal.
              Any idea what caused the tube to split like that?
              I figured that was going to upset somebody. I’ve shot severa of them actually and own one that never leaves the safe. Form 1 cans can definitely be quiet, but they are almost always long and really heavy. Plus form 1 times have gone up quite a bit, so that’s a lot less of a draw. You’re not going to compete with a quality commercial can of the same weight and length unless you have access to a lot of high dollar equipment. Plus I’m not concerned with any of my commercial cans having a catastrophic failure like above.

Comment

Working...
              X