High end 22lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High end 22lr

I am retiring in about 3 months and will be moving back home to Missouri. We have an over abundance of squirrels on my place. As a retirement present to myself I am wanting a high end 22 lr. I don’t mind spending a couple grand maybe a little more with optics. Looking for extreme accuracy and nice walnut. There is also a benchrest club near me that has 22 matches every month. Lets hear some suggestions.

For a sporting gun like you’re thinking I’d be looking at an Anschutz rifle. **** fine shooters!

Comment

Volquartsen or Magnum Research would be my two top picks. Might even build my own Ruger 10/22. Possibly put a .17M2 barrel on it.

Comment

CZ makes some great 22s as well and I think there is good aftermarket support for them so you can customize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
          CZ makes some great 22s as well and I think there is good aftermarket support for them so you can customize it.
          This ! IMO, Anschutz accuracy at a lower cost. My son had an entry level kid’s gun from CZ that was a tack driver.

Comment

Good suggestions so far I have a couple Anschutz and CZ’s very nice rifles accurate but I want blow your socks off walnut as well

Comment

Need help but can't find it on our website? Contact us through any of these ways!  If by email, please give us up to 48 business hours to respond!

The Finest Show Piece Custom Gunstocks for Our Customer the Old Fashioned Way, where Time and Production is Not a Concern.

Comment

Artos I was hoping you would chime in. I was hoping to stay in the $2000 $2500 with optics range.

Comment

If accuracy is important to you, it's always a safe bet w/ Anschutz & one of their 54 actions...start surfing & try to find one with some nicer wood. New is going to be in the window for the gun alone. Might want to look at some clean used Kimber of Oregon & Coopers too. I'm a big fan of buying used vs new.

Unfortunately, when You start getting into the blow you socks off wood then your window will need to grow. By a lot.

Comment

Dakota made some very nice.22 rifles. Might find one on gunbroker. Kimber also made some nice ones back in the day .

Comment

CZ 457 Royal Walnut is a nice rifle but it won't shoot like a Anschutz 1710D heavy barrel. I would probably get the little CZ and get some mid level ammo such as ELEY Target or Team. If you get to hanging around the bench rest matches you will soon learn that you need a totally different rifle to compete. I would buy an Anschutz before I bought a Kimber.

I would not turn my nose up at a Winchester repeater 52C, they have great triggers and still win matches. This might be the best bet if you can find one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	52c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	26680158
                      Last edited by Radar; 01-01-2024, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Ok maybe not blow your socks off wood but really nice wood. Annies are sure enough shooters but usually the wood is pretty plain.

Comment

I know some one that has one and it's a good one. That is why I mentioned it before but it is a the top of your budget.

Comment

Comment

I mean come on! She’s a beaut Clark!

Comment

Working...
                              X