Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightweight 300wsm build - Which action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight 300wsm build - Which action?

Building a lightweight WSM build and was curious on action opinions. Looking between the Defiance AntiX and Pure Precision SKLTN. Anyone messed with the SKLTN at all? Any other recommendations?

Rest of the build will be a Mesa Stock, proof 20” barrel, bdl bottom,Trigger tech special and topped with a Swaro Z5i.

Will also have a dedicated can to offset recoil.

Are you going Short, Med (XM/XM+), or Long action? I've enjoyed my 3 Defiance anTi (2 short- 1 mag bf and 1 long)-- haven't owned an anTiX- I prefer Hawkins Hybrids or going to a full rail for scopes with small mounting space (not an issue for that Swaro).

Mesa / Pure Precision has been in the game for awhile now, but never had one of their actions. Google shows mixed reviews of their previous actions (for what that is worth) but the SKLTN seems competitive in terms of weight and features! Would be cool to get hands on one--- maybe at DSC??? I don't see an offering for an XM length option which is a bummer if 300wsm is in the cards so that might be a factor to consider. I've dealt with them purchasing stocks and they were user friendly and shipped quickly.

Lastly- if you do settle on a true SA or LA- as much as I like the Mesa Altitude stock; if you are going true lightweight I'd consider grabbing a proof lightweight hunter stock-- they will be 7-8oz lighter than a mesa and every bit as rigid. They're hard to find bc you've got to get a take-off on the secondary market but they are well worth it for a UL build.

Enjoy and keep us posted!

Comment

I used a Lone Peak titanium action (long) for my lightweight 300 WSM. I've been happy with it in terms of function and quality but have yet to try it out in elk country.

Comment

Working...
      X