Anyone recognize this gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone recognize this gun?

This shotgun was found in an attic by my father in law. Does anyone recognize what it is? Make or model?

I think this is what you have.

Comment

Any proof marks or makers marks anywhere on the barrel, action, or stock?

Comment

I have one in my safe just like that. Supposedly called a Zulu rifle originally as they were a French built arm used by the Brits in Africa (can google that). Millions made in a 70 something caliber and a lot were later bored out to 12 ga. service. That is what mine is. And supposedly mine has been in the family for over 100 years except there is no one but myself left alive that has actually owned it. Not really shootable (but there is a Youtube video of someone doing so with light blackpowder loads) but an interesting piece none the less.
        It appears that the firing pin is completely gone on yours. Mine is intact except the firing end is broken off and cannot get close to the primer.
        Last edited by locolobo; 12-25-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
          I have one in my safe just like that. Supposedly called a Zulu rifle originally as they were a French built arm used by the Brits in Africa (can google that). Millions made in a 70 something caliber and a lot were later bored out to 12 ga. service. That is what mine is. And supposedly mine has been in the family for over 100 years except there is no one but myself left alive that has actually owned it. Not really shootable (but there is a Youtube video of someone doing so with light blackpowder loads) but an interesting piece none the less.
          It appears that the firing pin is completely gone on yours. Mine is intact except the firing end is broken off and cannot get close to the primer.
          so, is there supposed to be a firing pin where it looks like a nipple for a percussion cap would go?

Comment

Guess there are a lot of those old guns... I have one as well..

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X