Wifes New Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifes New Gun

My wife didnt give me any good ideas on what to get her for Christmas. I made the executive decision that she needed a nice Browning Medallion White Gold 270 for Christmas. Picked it up from collectors fire arms and man its a pretty gun. My only down fall at first glance was the bottom plate is carbon fiber. I searched and found a nice engraved matching bottom plate online but it shows forna A bolt. Mine is technically a X bolt model. Im no gun pro, does anyone know if there bottom plates are interchangeable?
    Attached Files

The floor plate bottom plate that I found online is pictured below. But I see A bolt in the description. Her gun is technically a white gold medallion X bolt. Not sure if they are interchangeable. They come stock with a plastic looking carbon fiber black one instead of matching engraved
    Attached Files

Comment

i dont think they are interchangeable. The mag on the a-bolt snaps into the bottom plate and the x-bolt the mag drops completely out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sshierry View Post
        i dont think they are interchangeable. The mag on the a-bolt snaps into the bottom plate and the x-bolt the mag drops completely out.
        Ok thank you for the feedback. Do you happen to know if they make this same type of bottom plate for a X bolt white gold medallion rifle maybe?

Comment

The X bolt has a detachable magazine instead of a floor plate. To my knowledge browning doesn't make a stainless magazine.

Comment

Had the same problem so mine got an ar10 in 308. Fortunately for me, she bowhunts!!!
            sorry, can't help you with your question though

Comment

That is some beautiful wood on that weapon.

Oh hell, I do like your thought process. If i do that mine will spend double that on what she really wanted.
              Last edited by tps7742; 12-13-2023, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                That is some beautiful wood on that weapon.

Oh hell, I do like your thought process. If i do that mine will spend double that on what she really wanted.
                LOL yes sir thats a true statement.

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                  Had the same problem so mine got an ar10 in 308. Fortunately for me, she bowhunts!!!
                  sorry, can't help you with your question though
                  Thats awesome. Mine use to shoot with me and never got into bow hunting. I am thankful that she loves to deer hunt though.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                    The X bolt has a detachable magazine instead of a floor plate. To my knowledge browning doesn't make a stainless magazine.
                    Ahh ok that makes sense. I appreciate the knowledge and feedback. I guess I am being to picky. I just figured for such a nice gun they would have went metal magazine/floor plate instead of a plastic look. I guess it will stay the way it is.

Comment

I’m no help other than to say that, Wow!, that’s a beautiful gun. There are few things more beautiful than a beautiful gun.

You did good, Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        I’m no help other than to say that, Wow!, that’s a beautiful gun. There are few things more beautiful than a beautiful gun.

You did good, Santa.
                        Haha thank you mam. I appreciate it. Hopefully this does not turn against me because we said the same ole thing as normal. Ahh lets not get each other anything and come Christmas she still has a few things for me and I never have much to give her. We are not big on presents for each other but she deserves it. Now I have to recoup so we can get a nice scope for it.

Comment

Beautiful weapon. Awesome gift!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Beautiful weapon. Awesome gift!
                            Thank you bud

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post

Haha thank you mam. I appreciate it. Hopefully this does not turn against me because we said the same ole thing as normal. Ahh lets not get each other anything and come Christmas she still has a few things for me and I never have much to give her. We are not big on presents for each other but she deserves it. Now I have to recoup so we can get a nice scope for it.
                              Hah! We have the same “rule” about gifts, too. However, I suspect that, once she opens it, she’ll forgive you!

Comment

Working...
                              X