Used Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Market

What is going on in the used market right now? Everyone just broke due to inflation? Stocking up with the election coming in a year?

last few things I’ve tried to sell have been extremely slow, when typically people will at least engage in a conversation about what you’ve got.

I'm buying ammo right now. Gun prices are too high for my perception of the economy. Plus, I reload, and it's really hard to find brass for most cartridges right now, so there's a lot of guns I won't buy because I can't reload and shoot them.

Comment

I don’t think there is a lot of spare cash floating around for people to frivolously buy firearms like they usually do. Haha. I know my budget is a little tighter right now. Just buying bullets/brass/powder/primers for reloading means I pull from the fun fund instead of just buying what I need and the fun fund still getting its usual allotment. Less spare cash and higher prices on everything make it rough.

Ammo and components are about to take another price hike come January. So it will get even worse.

Comment

Nobody is spending money right now it seems. I am always buying and selling stuff. 2023 has been terrible for selling anything. I have dirtbikes, quads, trailers, all sorts of stuff for sale at any given time and nobody is buying. Every day I get people wanting the TRADE though. NO I don't want your junky stuff in trade LOL.
        I briefly looked at new and used Trucks, but dropped that notion quickly when I saw interest rates

Comment

Used guns are just priced too high, imo. Guns obviously hold value very well but just saving taxes and not filling out a 4473 ain't quite enough to motivate some buyers.

Then there's the accuracy gamble of buying used guns. I saw someone post "the most accurate gun I ever owned" in the classifieds stating they don't need it because they bought another gun. The most accurate ever and it's for sale!!! what????

Comment

Might try trading. I prefer to trade if possible over buying.

Comment

Sadly it's part of the times, people are cutting back. I have 2 or 3 I'd like to sell but not willing or needing to take a bath on them.

I've noticed a couple of neighborhood restaurant's that are normally packed having many open tables lately.

Comment

Bidenomics affects erthang

Comment

All that Covid money in people's accounts is spent and credit card balances are up.

Comment

Working...
                  X