Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignorant Questions

1) Is this a good deal?

2) Are these the sights people use as a secondary, close distance sight on their AR?

I recently bought an AR and am just now getting to know the ins and outs of shooting it so I'm a bit ignorant. Thanks in advance.

Would I let my life depend on the operation of that specific sight? No

For general plinking, range trips, I’d use it.

Comment

I have 3 of these. 2 on ARs and one on a 41 mag pig pistol. Got the first one about 20 years ago when they were $40. From a rest I can group under 2" at 100 from the ARs in 5.56 and 6.8SPC. Have shot doe in the head at 100 with them. The only complaint is the battery will go dead if you forget to turn it off and leave it one for 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Would I let my life depend on the operation of that specific sight? No

For general plinking, range trips, I’d use it.
        Ah, thanks. What would you recommend?

Comment

Video said that sight was for a rimfire.

Comment

BTW, I have quick release bases on the one on my ARs. I can take the Buckmarks off and slap on my Sightmark Wraith for night work with either gun. Always dead on at 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Video said that sight was for a rimfire.
              Haven't ever had one fail even on the .41 mag and that pistol is brutal with 270gr heavy loads.

Comment

IMO for a reflex type sight, I prefer one with a larger housing to protect the optic and one that has an auto-off function. Another preference for me is “shake awake”. I don’t think they all have that function. I have Holosun reflex sights and have zero complaints. But that being said, I actually prefer scopes over reflex sights unless it’s a “home defense” gun or a backup optic/sight. BUT everyone has their own opinion/preference on that.

Comment

Red Dots are great, but I wouldn’t put that one on a nerf gun. For a budget option, it’s hard to beat the Sig Romeo 5s or Holosuns that are on sale for $100 pretty often. I have a couple that have had the absolute crap beat out of them, and I can’t break them. This is coming from a guy that has broken two Nightforces.
                  Last edited by Raider4044; 12-04-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Go with a low end Sig, Holosun, or Primary Arms optic over this. They're all on sale now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                      Red Dots are great, but I wouldn’t put that one on a nerf gun. For a budget option, it’s hard to beat the Sig Romeo 5s or Holosuns that are on sale for $100 pretty often. I have a couple that have had the absolute crap beat out of them, and I can’t break them. This is coming from a guy that has broken two Nightforces.
                      Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                      Go with a low end Sig, Holosun, or Primary Arms optic over this. They're all on sale now.
                      Thanks. I'll check those out.

Comment

Check out the Swamp Fox red/green dots while your searching. They have good warranties.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                          Check out the Swamp Fox red/green dots while your searching. They have good warranties.
                          I have a Swamp Fox with a green dot, nothing wrong with the optic except the green dot. It’s not nearly as visible looking at anything on the ground. I tried to shoot a copperhead with mine last spring and the dot was lost in the grass. I replaced it with a a red dot.

I second the Holosun reflex sights, I love the ones I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X