Glock switches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock switches.

I just read where they're going to crack down on Glock switches in Oklahoma. I don't really even know what that is other than supposedly it makes a Glock full auto practically. How is a fully automatic Glock useful to anyone? I think there are way bigger issues out there than a pistol that most of the thugs owning them couldn't even control in the first place. A full auto pistol seems like the most useless thing a person could ever want to have. I don't know a lot of people that can do anything but make noise with a Glock that isn't modified. Lets suppose an experienced shooter with a stock pistol were to get into a gunfight with a thug from Tulsa who's carrying a full auto Glock. I'm putting my money on the stock pistol and the guy that knows how to shoot.

Just seems silly to crack down on something that's not even an issue. It'd be fun to shoot one at a target but for practical use those things are junk.

I know that there was an issue in Houston last year or so. Thugs were running around with their full auto glocks.

Comment

All those rounds have to land somewhere. They are honestly probably more dangerous with the full auto than if they were semi. Still probably not hitting their intended target, but higher chance of an innocent bystander getting hit.

Comment

A 33 round mag in a G17 with a switch is a deadly combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
          All those rounds have to land somewhere. They are honestly probably more dangerous with the full auto than if they were semi. Still probably not hitting their intended target, but higher chance of an innocent bystander getting hit.
          Exactly.

Comment

They're a huge issue, nationwide, and the switch itself is considered a machinegun per ATF.

Comment

Ask the Houston Police officer that got shot with one early this morning.

Ambushed by a thug with a machine gun Glock ain’t something I’d want to face.

Comment

I'd agree that they're probably more of a safety issue for people that aren't the target. Most of these nerds carrying them hold their guns sideways. Ain't no way they're even hitting a car more than a few times. If they were good for self defense everyone would have one on their Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Ask the Houston Police officer that got shot with one early this morning.

Ambushed by a thug with a machine gun Glock ain’t something I’d want to face.
                  In the same token though, we'd be able to ask him. We couldn't ask the perp if he selected a good weapon. From the results of the gunfight I'm gonna say, negative.

Comment

Not all get to tell the tale..

Comment

Shouldn’t be illegal anyways but just another example of the bad guys have them and the law abiding don’t

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Shouldn’t be illegal anyways but just another example of the bad guys have them and the law abiding don’t
                        That's where I'm at. I won't have one but I don't think they should be illegal. Kind of like the bump stock deal. They can make them illegal but as we all know that's not going to stop people from having them. If there's no paperwork involved in buying one people aren't going to turn them in even if they're deemed illegal to own. Even from the people that don't intend to do any harm with theirs which I would be willing to say is the majority of people that do own them. Sure, gang bangers have them. But they are gonna do what they do regardless of what's illegal or not.

But I'm telling you guys that. Preaching to the choir.

And to be clear I didn't want this post to come off as that everyone that owns a Glock switch is a nerd or whatever. I was directing that at the people who do and intend to do harm to others. I wouldn't mind running a magazine through a Glock using one. Just to say I did. I wouldn't own one myself just because ammo is expensive and a person could go through a lot of it with one of them jokers. I mean, I don't have a use for one but for dinkin around with it'd be fun. From a practical standpoint I don't see any. But if that's what blows your hair back, heck yeah. I'm for it.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 12-03-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

For someone with a wrist brace they might be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            I'd agree that they're probably more of a safety issue for people that aren't the target. Most of these nerds carrying them hold their guns sideways. Ain't no way they're even hitting a car more than a few times. If they were good for self defense everyone would have one on their Glock.
                            Don't belive that. Crooks go to the range, watch YouTube videos and learn from their mistakes. Don't underestimate them.

Comment

Unpractical as hell but I can tell you this. If it could be had and no fear of prison, I would buy a few PSA Daggers and go dual!

Comment

Working...
                              X