Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sierra Gamechanger Ammo

Anybody tried it yet?

I have some 140gr .270 they are pretty good stuff , but I’m waiting on a new scope so haven’t shot a deer yet with them
    my buddy neck shot a buck DRT with them

Comment

I shoot the 125s in my 300blk. They do well. I’ve heard they seem to have a thicker jacket than the standard gameking and tend to hold together a little better.

Comment

Looking at trying the 243

Comment

Had some in my reloading draw and loaded them up with the same load as the 130gr ELDM for my 6.5. Produced pretty much the same grouping I was getting with the ELDM. Since I ran out of the ELDM, I'll load these up and use them for now.

Comment

Local guy has some on Texas Gun Trader in 243 for $35/box. Seems like a good buy compared to what i have been seeing.

Comment

I have some in .223 I plan on killin some coyotes with this Winter. Haven't shot anything with them before.

Comment

shot my rifle this morning before work. they shoot really good. hope to use them on a deer really soon.

Comment

I have had excellent luck with the 130 gr. Gamechangers in 6.5 Creedmoor. Devastating results on every animal I have shot with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                    I have had excellent luck with the 130 gr. Gamechangers in 6.5 Creedmoor. Devastating results on every animal I have shot with them.
                    hoping to shoot a couple does or hogs next weekend in coleman to see how it does.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

hoping to shoot a couple does or hogs next weekend in coleman to see how it does.
                      I have yet to have it not punch all the way through cutting a deep broad channel as it goes. Dropped a hog this weekend and it didn't take a step with a shot through the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post

I have yet to have it not punch all the way through cutting a deep broad channel as it goes. Dropped a hog this weekend and it didn't take a step with a shot through the shoulder.
                        Hoping to try same thing this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                          I shoot the 125s in my 300blk. They do well. I’ve heard they seem to have a thicker jacket than the standard gameking and tend to hold together a little better.
                          that's good to know, I never liked the GameKing because of that and I got away from loading Sierra,
                          and they quit producing the ProHunter bullet in a 165 grn.
                          If the good reports keep coming, I may switch back.

Comment

I do load the Sierra 150gr gameking and the Speer 150gr hot core in my 308(same POI). They do the job I need them too and the Speers are cheap. They seem to do okay on whitetail and pigs, but I did have one separate on an axis. Im looking to go to something like an interlock at a minimum to shoot the axis with, might hold together a smidge better without going to a true bonded bullet(expensive in comparison).

Comment

Working...
                            X