My .375 Ruger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My .375 Ruger

I have been thinking lately about this rifle. I was thinking after I work my next rotation I am going to put it out there for sale. I have only shot it a few times. Still think it would be a hell of a hog gun.

Yep, you can’t kill a hog too dead ! Make a helluva nilgai gun also…….

Comment

It is very light. I think 6 1/2 pounds. I just have a peep sight on it. Originally it had a fiber optic front sight but the fiber didn’t last long. I think I have 2 boxes of the 250 grain GMX shells which I think would be ideal for Nilgai but then again I never hunted them before.

Comment

Anymore info? Model? Pics?

Comment

I have it in the classified section now. It is a Mossberg Patriot with Marinecote barrel and synthetic stock. I have issues trying to post pics on this new format.

Comment

Only 30ish people viewed the posting in the classifieds. I will TTT tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

What’s your opinion on the 375 Ruger? I’m torn between it and the 375 H&H or 9.3x62. I know ballistically its better the the ones I mentioned it just doesn’t carry the nostalgia of the others.

Comment

I would bet world wide the other two would be a better choice in case you needed more ammo, lost ammo or just planned on purchasing it when you got to a certain location.
                If you are in the US and not traveling outside the US you can find ammo online and then get dies and enhance the ammo even further. So at that point you should get the one you feel you just want most.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtieken View Post
                  What’s your opinion on the 375 Ruger? I’m torn between it and the 375 H&H or 9.3x62. I know ballistically its better the the ones I mentioned it just doesn’t carry the nostalgia of the others.
                  Get the H&H , ammo is easy to get, the 375R only has hornday or custom loading available, + depends on what country you’re going to hunt in

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post

Get the H&H , ammo is easy to get, the 375R only has hornday or custom loading available, + depends on what country you’re going to hunt in
                    Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X