Browning X-Bolt Speed Long Range Bolt-Action Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning X-Bolt Speed Long Range Bolt-Action Rifle

Looking at a new gun for my sheep hunt next year. Guide recommended a flatter shooting caliber than my 30-06. Been looking at these for a while anyway so the x-bolt in 7mag has peaked my interest.

Anyone used this specific gun? Or have any thoughts about it? Also, any recommends optics for it? The hope is to get closer, but Said to be prepared for 350-450 yards shots with a soft bullet.

Different caliber (6.5 Ceedmoor) but very accurate from the start. Trigger is nice and action is smooth. Perhaps a 4-16 Leupold or something similar.

Comment

Thanks mason. I went to Basspro and to feel one out in 6.8 that they had in stock. Very light rifle and seems solid. Will be buying the 7 mag.

Comment

Triggers on X bolts are crap. They are crisp but heavy. They call it feather haha. You can get a new spring to lighten. You tubes can show you how. But at price they need to improve it. Once I fixed my trigger, everything else is great. Very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
          Triggers on X bolts are crap. They are crisp but heavy. They call it feather haha. You can get a new spring to lighten. You tubes can show you how. But at price they need to improve it. Once I fixed my trigger, everything else is great. Very accurate.
          Thanks for the info.

Already picked up the gun and ordered a leupold vx-6

Comment

Tell us what you think about it?

Comment

which cartridge did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                which cartridge did you go with?
                Ended up going with the 7 mag

Comment

Working...