Gun appraisals in Austin area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun appraisals in Austin area?

I have a really good friend that just lost her husband and did not realize he was somewhat of a gun collector. Looking for the best way to get the guns appraised for her. I know I could probably load them all up and take them to McBride’s. But wanted to ask the green screen experts if there was a better way of taking care of this for her. I’m thinking there’s 10+ vintage handguns and six or seven vintage rifles. All appear to be in great shape. I have never seen them other than pictures that she sent me. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If San Antonio isn't too far go to Dury's

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      This ☝

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Just don’t go to dury to sell they appraise at wholesale then or put on consignment @ 40% commission

Comment

Load them up and take them to McBride’s. Given the number of guns she has, I recommend calling them ahead of time to arrange an appointment.

Comment

Heck PM what rifles are being sold I have a app that appraises guns by model, it give both retail and private parties value
            I collect depending upon what brand and caliber.
            I.E looking for both a 35whelen and .375H&H , M70 series 6 .300wm

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I am looking for the best, honest, safe scenario for my friend. Not sure if the big stores is where I need to be, that’s why I’m asking. But maybe that is all that’s out there. Was kinda, hoping for several replies to an individual that is trust worthy, honest, and have experience with, all good. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I am looking for the best, honest, safe scenario for my friend. Not sure if the big stores is where I need to be, that’s why I’m asking. But maybe that is all that’s out there. Was kinda, hoping for several replies to an individual that is trust worthy, honest, and have experience with, all good. Thanks.
                Again, McBride’s.

Comment

I have used McBride’s and sportsman’s finest for appraisals. I think sportsman’s finest did a much better job IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X