Tisas 1911 D10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tisas 1911 D10

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230919_093704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.0 KB ID:	26589098 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230919_133359.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	26589097

Tisas. Pronounced "Tea Sauce" full size 1911 10mm

Took my new toy to the range this morning and ran a box of mixed 180gr ammo thru it. Only had to raise the elevation a tad for my sight picture. Left and right was spot on out of the box.
    First impressions:
    1. Don't recoil as much as I thought it would. Bout like standard power 45 acp
    2. feels like shooting a plain old M1911 A1
    3. functioned flawless. Not a single hiccup.
    3. Can also load 45 acp Wilson combat mags with 10mm and they run flawless. I have plenty of 45 acp Wilson magazines to I don't nee to buy $40 10mm mags.
    4. Accuracy is great. Actually better than great. Awesome for me since my eyes ain't what they used to be. Next I will go out the the farm and shoot some 12" steel at 30 and 50 yds.
    5. Does have a little bit of flame out the muzzle. Don't bother me non but some would be picky over that.

Still tight after 50 rounds and very little blow by back into the mag well. Slight rail burnishing and no slide wear.

I think I luv this gun. It just needs a big ol pig in front of it this winter.

One more thing, the Wilson Combat 45 acp magazines will hold 9 rounds instead of the 8 rounds of the Tisas magazines. I guess that is the only con I have.
    Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-19-2023, 12:59 PM.

That made sighting in easy and looks to shoot great. If you don't mind me asking, How much do they sell for?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      That made sighting in easy and looks to shoot great. If you don't mind me asking, How much do they sell for?
      From Gritr Sports $692 minus 5% military, veteran or LEO discount. Won't quite cover the tax.

Comment

Here, but street price varies Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3808.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.9 KB ID:	26589335

Comment

Nice pistola, for sure. Does the trigger need work?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            Nice pistola, for sure. Does the trigger need work?
            Not really but I always replace the sear springs with a Wilson and adjust to my liking of 2.5 lb. I also usually replace the recoil spring with a flat wound Wilson as well. Did not replace the springs yet but did do the sear spring since I already had a few. Best $7 you can spend on your 1911's.

Comment

FYI, the Wilson sear springs I use are part # R29C. These are actually the Colt 1911 springs Wilson uses in their high end custom builds. I just ordered 4 more just in case. $6 bucks each + parcel post shipping direct from Wilson Combat website.

Comment

I have decided to leave the factory springs in until I get the EGW oversized flat bottom firing pin stop and get it fitted and tuned. This will make full power loads a seem lot tamer and may not require a recoil spring change at this time. This is not a race gun but I do want to slow down the muzzle flip with the heavier loads. The main spring is plenty heavy, I'm guessing at least 25# and the firing pin spring is still new so these will last a few thousand rounds I'm sure.
                The cool part of 1911's is they are like Harley Motorcycles. You can tweak them real easy and make them your own.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  I have decided to leave the factory springs in until I get the EGW oversized flat bottom firing pin stop and get it fitted and tuned. This will make full power loads a seem lot tamer and may not require a recoil spring change at this time. This is not a race gun but I do want to slow down the muzzle flip with the heavier loads. The main spring is plenty heavy, I'm guessing at least 25# and the firing pin spring is still new so these will last a few thousand rounds I'm sure.
                  The cool part of 1911's is they are like Harley Motorcycles. You can tweak them real easy and make them your own.
                  I put the flat FPS is all of mine. Closer to Browning!!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post

I put the flat FPS is all of mine. Closer to Browning!!
                    Do you put a tiny little radius on them? I don't think the sharp edge is doing the hammer any good even though after time that edge will wear down some. I just do a tiny amount of rounding to help get it started but not enough to defeat the purpose of it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post

Do you put a tiny little radius on them? I don't think the sharp edge is doing the hammer any good even though after time that edge will wear down some. I just do a tiny amount of rounding to help get it started but not enough to defeat the purpose of it.
                      I do knock off any sharp edges. Haven't bothered with any rounding. haven't seen any wear yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X