Side by Side Shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side by Side Shotguns

I'm in the market for a new shotgun and have always been intrigued by the SXS. I grew up shooting and still shoot my Citori over and unders. Anyone currently shooting one and have thoughts one way or the other about them? What brands do you recommend?

The Buda Cabela's had some CZ side by side 20 and 12 gauge shotguns at a good price. I like the double barrel guns the older ones can be really nice looking and shooting. The guns are new but in the library section.
    Last edited by masonred; 09-08-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

All I've ever shot is sxs shotguns since I was 13, so about 60 years now. I have 2 Winchester 24's, one is 28" M&F and the orher is 26" IC&M. They have done every thing I've needed. I've also owned Browning, Ithaca, Fox, L.C. Smith and Darne. I would look for one of the old Ithacas if I was looking today. They are light, point good and well made. They can be had fairly reasonable as well.

Comment

I enjoy shooting side by sides, I have a Fausti DEA 28 gauge and a Beretta Silver Hawk 20 gauge. I wish I shot them more. They are such pretty guns and a blast to shoot. The Fausti is a great quail gun, super light weight and swings nicely.

Comment

Side by sides are fun. I have a Browning BSS 12 gauge I shoot doves and the occasional duck with. If you like a heavier American style "duck gun" versus a lightweight english style gun, these can still be had for a fair price. If I was buying new, I'd definitely look at the CZs.

Comment

I have a couple Parker 12s and a CSMC 20ga. I like my over/unders, but side by sides are just the coolest. I shot my favorite shotgun the other day on a dove hunt. It's also my oldest gun. It was made in 1895. 128 years old, and it still functions just like new. Parker DHE 12ga, Damascus barrels, double triggers.... This gun fits me better than any other gun I own. 3" drop at the heel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	375284609_10231791653355676_7909187248667831939_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	751.6 KB ID:	26582143

Comment

I grew up shooting an Ithaca sxs 20 gauge and still shoot it when quail hunting or on dove hunts where there are lots of birds. My dad just gave me his old Parker 12 ga and it is almost too pretty to shoot! I love the sxs and will shoot that over my Beretta.

Comment

I have always wanted one myself. Just this past dove opener I shot my O/U 28g and really enjoyed it. There was only a few times I wish I had that 3rd shot. I will probably add a SxS in the near future.

Comment

For new guns, F.A.I.R. Iside is probably the lowest price quality SxS. Upland Gun Company also has some nice guns that are semi custom at around the price for a nice O/U.

Comment

I haven't shot it yet but my FIL offered me an old Damascus barrel LC Smith 16ga that I need to go get checked out. Would be awesome to shoot some birds with something that old. They all look bad ***

Comment

friend of mine has an old SKB 20 i shot a few years ago. I really liked it. Kinda been looking for one since. Dont think they are awesome guns but seemed solid.

Comment

I have the cz ringneck in 20ga. I love it.

Comment

In 2020, I bought a CZ Hammer Classic. A modern side by side made to look like your great-grandfather's gun. "Mule Ear" hammers, 30" barrels and double triggers BUT with changeable choke tubes.
                          I got it just before dove season and didn't really get to practice with it. Took it hunting and couldn't hit the side of the barn with it. (Disclaimer - I'm a pretty decent wingshot.) Then I took it to the gun club and shot several rounds of skeet with it. Thought that I might just need to "get used to it". Couldn't hit clay targets either. FINALLY snapped enough to take it to the patterning board. The left barrel shot 8" left and 12" low from POA. Right barrel shot about 10" low. I got on some shotgunning forums and discovered that I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I called CZ- USA and they told me to send it in. That they would either fix it or replace it. About 2 weeks later, I got a new one in the mail. It's right. Lots of fun, but a little on the heavy side. I'd buy a 20 gauge version of it in a heartbeat if they offered one.

Comment

SXS's just have more swag. I have an old savage fox 12 and it brings some real cool points to the table when I kill a deer or pig with it. Just a fun gun and I think I paid $400 from someone on here. I do wish it had a barrel selector switch.

Comment

Working...
                            X